Katana/Willpower help

DRoddo

Hello guys, I tried to theory craft the best possible Brute I could make. I've made this, but I think it could be better in terms of resist? Any criticisms and also other Kat/WP build suggestions would be hella appreciated. Also, I'm not taking into account of Incarnate abilities for now. 

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Willpower
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- Empty(A)
Level 1: High Pain Tolerance -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(7)
Level 2: Gambler's Cut -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(11)
Level 4: Mind Over Body -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg(46), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(47)
Level 6: Fast Healing -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(15), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(19), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(43)
Level 10: Divine Avalanche -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Rct-ResDam%(23)
Level 14: Dragon's Roar -- MckBrt-Taunt(A), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(43), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(43)
Level 16: Rise to the Challenge -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(23), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), DctWnd-Heal(27), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(27)
Level 18: Kick -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), GldStr-Dam/Rech(47), GldStr-Dam/End/Rech(48), GldStr-Acc/End/Rech(48), GldStr-%Dam(48), GldStr-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(49)
Level 20: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(29), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ImpSki-Status(46), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx(46)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31)
Level 24: Quick Recovery -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(31)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 28: Heightened Senses -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 30: The Lotus Drops -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Soaring Dragon -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(37), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Golden Dragonfly -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(42)
Level 38: Strength of Will -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(39), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Superior Conditioning -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(45)
Level 47: Hasten -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(45), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(33)
Level 49: Speed Phase 
------------

Edited by DRoddo

I love Willpower.  Mained a Ss/Will on live.  Having said that with sets and in modern game Invul will outperform Will so much that you might want to consider rerolling. 

Hyperstrike has written a bkank invulnerability template where you just plug in your primary    You should really take a look

good luck

A couple of observations, you have broken the "rule of 5" with 1.5% Smashing Lethal. The Impervious Skin sets in Tough and Mind over Body are not working. So those 4 slots need to be moved or something put in them.

((( in Mids, click the Window button in top bar, select "Sets & Bonuses" this will show a popup with all the sets and there bonuses, it will also highlight in RED any bonus over the rule of 5 cap)))

Divine Avalanche will take a Luck of the Gambler 7.5 recharge to max out your 5.

Health should be slotted with the health set procs: Panacea +hp/+End , Numina +Regen/Recovery, Regenerative Tissue +Regen or a Miracle depending on your Endurance needs.

You could slot atleast 4 Power Transfer: Chance to Heal procs in your Endurance Recovery powers. I can attest having multi of this proc works very well. 

I would 2 slot Hasten with +5 Reharge IOs

And just personal opinion but I hate the slots in Kick. I would move all those slots. At the very least slot Sting of the Wasp or Divine Avalanche. Or put 3 more in the Taunt and get the full Mocking Beratement set.

*note 7.5% recharge from sets does NOT count for the same 7.5% recharge from Luck of the Gambler.

I enjoy my Willpower it's a nice set.  On mine I soft capped Fire/Cold/Energy/Negative defense

Edited by SuperPlyx
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

I love Willpower.  Mained a Ss/Will on live.  Having said that with sets and in modern game Invul will outperform Will so much that you might want to consider rerolling. 

Hyperstrike has written a bkank invulnerability template where you just plug in your primary    You should really take a look

good luck

Agh that's heartbreaking. I got to level 42 with my Kat/WP dude. Oh well

1 hour ago, DRoddo said:

Agh that's heartbreaking. I got to level 42 with my Kat/WP dude. Oh well

Since you were asking about optimizing….  Willpower is a great set.  Its just hard to not recognize Invulnerable is better late game with I/Os.  You fix all of Invul end issues either with I/Os or Alpha slot.  Invul has better defense debuff resistance.  Higher resist values actually work to resist having resistance debuffed as in the Aeon SF.  The list goes on.