Electric Affinity/Electrical Blast AV Drain reality?

CaptainIcyHot

Hi all,

In the before times olden days, I had a Dark/Electric defender in a Sith SG that was a blast to play. I really enjoyed the uniqueness of the end drain "control" vs all the other holds. I am very interested in playing and leveling an Electric Affinity/Electrical Blast defender but I want to know how viable the end drain is on AV's especially endgame Portal AV missions and Incarnate Trials. Anyone have experiences they would like to share? Any suggestions on slotting for maximum support/drain? 

Thanks!

I haven't tried any of the end game Portal AV missions or Incarnate trials. 

What I can tell you is, I have been successful, playing solo, draining EBs required for the Portal Jockey Badge (except for Clockwork King) with relative ease.  While also solo, I was able to drain two AVs in the Murder on 34th Street AE mission (highly recommend it) and was able to defeat them albit with help of the NPCs in the mission mainly due to the ability of this set to also kill recovery (without buying envenomed daggers) and boosting damage.  I've had no problem draining the End from Giant Monsters as well.

Short Circuit does insanely good at draining.  I used the Synapse Shock set mainly for recharge and it adds some damage.  You'll want to keep using this power ever time it recharges on an EB or better because not only does it kill end it has a nice -Rec component.

Don't forget about the change to Aim (Charge up) where they added a scale 2.5 End Mod Str Boost that boosts your endurance drain (Blaster/Sent = 25% , Corruptor =27.5%, Defender = 31.25%)  Couple this with Zapp for a good drain on a single target. 

I like the Power Mastery Epic Power Pool to grab Build up, and use that with Thunderous blast where they added a -30% bonus Endurance Drain vs Elite Targets (Main Target Only)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later

I don't know how viable it is to stand toe to toe with the AV crowd, but something to consider is the fighting pool. I took all 3 melee damage powers on em and they did a good job of keeping stuff floored on end one I drained em. Kinda fun actually.

Anyone ever crunch the numbers on "Fatigue"?

On 1/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, laudwic said:

What I can tell you is, I have been successful, playing solo, draining EBs required for the Portal Jockey Badge (except for Clockwork King) with relative ease. 

Doubtful. Any AV with the purple triangles (including AVs downgraded to EBs) has 85% resistance to endurance drain. This includes all the AVs required for Portal Jockey, as well as all AVs in TFs and trials.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Archvillain_Resistance

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Doubtful. Any AV with the purple triangles (including AVs downgraded to EBs) has 85% resistance to endurance drain. This includes all the AVs required for Portal Jockey, as well as all AVs in TFs and trials.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Archvillain_Resistance

<shrug> I was doing Elite Bosses, and the two AVs from the AE mission (both were Mu and resistant to electricity) and was successful draining them as set forth above.  I was also able to drain some GMs.  You might want to give an ElA/EB Defender a try on the test server.  The changes they made makes draining endurance a viable tactic.  

Use Power Mastery Epic Power Pool Build up with Thunderous blast followed up by Charge Up and Short Circuit.