Visual effect when badges earned

MoonSheep

Hey Everyone - Happy Friday

Whilst hunting for defeat badges in Perez just now I thought it would be nice if badges had a visual clue - visible to teammates too - when achieved.

Perhaps a faint column of light up to the sky for a few seconds with the badge displayed briefly above the character. For notable accolades which provide a permanent buff (e.g. Portal Jockey), an effect similar (but toned down) to when you change from blue to red at Null the Gull displaying the accolade's icon

The column of light could perhaps reflect whether the badge is an exploration (cream), defeat (red), achievement (green) etc

It would make it easier to see when a badge was achieved and allow teammates share in on the fun. For individuals not interested in badges in the slightest, a "no visual cue" option would be great I'm sure

Most badgers I know just say "badge got" or similar when the badge(s) the team is going for are awarded to them. Not sure any further indicators are actually needed. I'm not opposed to there being a visual indicator, just not sure it would be worth the effort. Especially since for like street sweep mobs badges, the team is often scattered all over the zone hunting down target mobs and likely won't even see the requested indicator anyway.

As for badges gained by changing sides through Null, why would an indicator even be necessary? The player already gets notification. If you're changing sides just to get the badges you already earned but aren't awarded for being wrong alignment, how often are you on a team? Aren't you just changing sides to be able to play with the team already in (other) zone? Your teammates still wouldn't see  your requested indicator.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add second paragraph.

I think a column of light would be a little too intense for this suggestion.

My implementation suggestion would be to just display floating text (blue maybe?) above the character's head that shows the name of the badge earned.  It would be identical to the animation used for damage, healing, absorb, etc. 

IMO, additional visual cues for badges earned aren't necessary. You can always just right click > info to see an updated list of earned badges at any time. 

Why does my teammate care if I earned a badge?

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

That's what the team chat is for?

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter