Time/DP or Time/Sonic

Nihil

So since I normally only team anyway this corruptor lover has decided to make a Defender for super team support awesomeness. I have decided on Time for my primary as it looks well round, fun, and I have never played it. As for secondary I'm torn between DP and Sonic, both look fun and supporty. So I'm looking for thoughts and opinions on the two combos.

If you go with DP you could do alright soloing, since Time can softcap your defense. But at that point, you'll be better going with a Corruptor.

Sonic is by far the best Defender secondary for support, the resistance debuffs really help melt down those heavy targets.

They serve different purposes. Sonic is not "the best" Defender secondary. It's just one of the best.

Sonic and Dual Pistols are both Tier 1 secondaries for Defender IMO (The Tier 1 secondaries being Dark, Dual Pistols, and Sonic).

Sonic is better if you want to improve the team's damage output, but Dual Pistols is better if you want to improve the team's survivability. It depends entirely on which of those two things you want to focus on. But given that you're playing Time, I'd recommend Dual Pistols. If you want to be helping the team melt things faster, then I'd pick a primary more focused on that like Storm or Cold.

I had a Time/DP defender on live, and it was fun to play.

- capable soloer

- helpful on teams

- visually fun to watch

- took it all the way to incarnate.

- Time will have you closer to the action due to some PBAOEs.

While I like /Sonic, and it's helpful to team up with,I never Groked the animations. But it's very viable. IFor positioning, you'll tend to be at the periphery rather than middle of things.

Make one of each, see what sticks :-)

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds