Inner Will supposed to break Blindness?

Esau

Hi.  The Blaster Secondary "Inner Will" in the Martial Arts set says, " When pushed to your limit, you can tap into an inner reserve of power, allowing you to overcome impossible odds. When you are below half health, below half endurance, or the victim of any status effect, you may activate Inner Will. Inner Will cancels any status effects currently affecting you, increases your resistance to status effects by 100%, and increases the power of your own status effect-inducing powers. Inner Will also heals you for a moderate amount when activated." 

But when I am at over 50% health and blinded, when I hit Inner Will it gets a red circle and won't break the Blindness.  Isn't Blindness a status effect?  Shouldn't Inner Will break it and cancel it?  I can't seem to get it to do it at all.  Also seems to have trouble activating when I am asleep.  At the moment, it's definitely a "spec out of it" ability, but I thought I'd post as it sounded cool.  Is it working right?  Just doesn't seem to trigger with any consistency on the status effects? 

Thanks.

Edited by Esau

For the sake of a "status," Blindness is not considered one.  Blindness is a debuff rather than a status, as it indicates your perception stat is lower than base.  It shows on the HUD in red letters to make it more obvious why you're getting attacked out of nowhere.

Inner Will will break out of normal status controls; Immobilize, Sleep, Hold, Stun, Confuse, and Fear (though not strong ones, IW's protection is only mag 3 or so), but will not increase your perception.  There's a few other non-statuses that show on the hud that Inner Will won't break either: Degenerating, Enervated and Confounded (debuffs from Seed of Hamidon), Delayed (Time Manipulation) and Momentum (Titan Weapon, which a Blaster cannot have) won't be removed with Inner Will either.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.