Edict of the Master: 5% defense IO

SaxyGuitar

Looking at my pets Combat Attributes they they are missing 5% defense to Toxic from Edict of the Master. IO states it gives a 5% def to everything. I was playing a Thug/Time MM in Sharkheads at the time, and I only checked both my Enforcers. I'll grab some pictures of this next time I'm on, check the rest of my pets, and verify it happens in different zones as well.

Thank you for all you're guys work.

As far as I'm aware, there is no "Toxic Defense" in the game because there is no "Toxic Attack" delivery tag. The only way to avoid Toxic damage is to have defense against any other attack tags the attack might have, such as Ranged, Lethal, or whatever else it might be. Beyond that, Toxic Resistance is all that's left.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

54 minutes ago, SaxyGuitar said:

Looking at my pets Combat Attributes they they are missing 5% defense to Toxic from Edict of the Master. IO states it gives a 5% def to everything.

Some powers grant Toxic Defense, some don't.  This is one which doesn't (currently).  Maneuvers does, but Weave doesn't, to give a couple of other examples.  Until/unless the HC team explains the rule behind which powers grant Toxic Defense and which don't, we can only assume that this is by design.

37 minutes ago, ForeverLaxx said:

As far as I'm aware, there is no "Toxic Defense" in the game

Toxic Defense was added recently.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Toxic Defense was added recently.

On the HC Wiki it's still listed as non-existent. That said, the forums back in April 2021 said it was being added and I guess I just forgot. I almost never care because it almost never matters.

I think outside of the Vahzilok, Halloween Zombies, and maybe a couple other mobs I'm not remembering, there aren't attacks that are just pure toxic damage with no additional damage type/positional tags. That said, when "Defense All" has 4 variations and doesn't always actually mean "All," it might be time to look into that. As you noted, Maneuvers apparently provides Toxic Defense but Weave doesn't despite both being described in-game as "Defense All." Even Mid's doesn't have a category for Toxic Defense (I know it's not a "dev program" and has other issues, but you'd think the players working on it would have added it by now as it's been updated multiple times since).

I'm guessing Edict's minion defense, despite being listed as All, is like Weave in this regard and doesn't include Toxic. I wonder if these instances are intentional design decisions or simply just oversights. It's been almost a year, apparently, since the update to include Toxic as a real defense flag so I'm guessing it's intentional. Either that needs to be re-evaluated or some of these powers/Global IOs need to say "All except Toxic" or something. At the very least it will avoid confusion.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.