My first AE mission arc - Board the Mothership

TheZag

I made my first mission in AE.  I had made a suggestion to add attacking the inside of the mothership to the MSR.  But even though i like the idea and so did alot of others,  its not likely to happen if im being realistic.

So instead i made a series of 4 missions that ends with boarding the mothership.  It covers finding a way to get inside the ship and then finally attacking the inside of the ship itself.  Of course there isnt an actual ship interior map so i chose one that i felt was the best of what was available.

I tried to give it a task force feel and make it hard since boarding the ship shouldnt be easy.  I also tried to do some less common stuff with whats available through the editor.  But im new to mission making so i cant say if i missed the mark on getting the story told and having the mission flow.

The mission is called Board the Mothership and it is Arc ID: 47119

Any feedback is appreciated.  And for reference,  mission 2 is supposed to be lvl 41.  Its because one if the enemies only exists at 41 so there isnt anything i can do for that missions level range.  And mission 3 has a 30 minute timer so soloists and small groups can advance.  Creative use of allies could probably allow a soloist to actually complete the mission before time even runs out.  Again,  any feedback is helpful.  Thanks for checking it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later

You did it Zag!   Awesome!

Some notes on the mission vs Ukon Gra:

Do you have allies set to Defensive?  It would help if they were set to Aggressive, as they sort of wandered around next to the GM until agroed, when they could have been helping the entire time.

I was able to solo him, eventually, but I nearly missed the timer because he was set to "Defeat him and his whole group."  Maybe change to just defeat him, as I had to run over to his spawn point and take out the Guardian who came with him.

Last mission - there were so many objectives listed, I missed one of the required and had to go back.  Maybe eliminate the optional ones?

Great job buddy!

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

I originally had the allies in the 3rd mission set to defensive and it sucked in testing so i put them on agressive and it was alot better.  I havent touched them since and they seem to have went back to defensive the last time i ran a group through.  Ill check if the AE ghost has messed with my mission when i get home.  There is 1 ally and 2 enemy ambushes associated with the U'kon fight but they seem to get hung up on uncleared spawns so ill probably have to adjust it since the vanguard and rikti clash elsewhere and not at U'kon.

There is alot of objectives in the last mission but ive gone with a full team each time and the objectives arent much for a team.  It is intended to feel more like a task force mission and the description recommends a fairly large group.  If i were to make that change then i would probably just make a team version and a solo friendly version.  Take the timer off the 3rd mission for the team version and make the optional stuff into required and then reduce the number of stuff in the last mission for a solo friendly version.  It wont be terribly soon if i decide to go that route though.

If i had even more control in AE i would make the AV in the second mission and U'kon have a level range of 40-54 so the missions dont keep bouncing around as to what level they are.  Mission 2 is locked at 41 and mission 3 is locked at 54 regardless of settings because those enemies dont exist at any other levels.

Yeah there's so many times I've thought "if only I could just..."

I pulled Ukon back to the base where the other Vanguard could help me, and that made all the difference in my fight.

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

19 hours ago, Jiro Ito said:

Some notes on the mission vs Ukon Gra:

Do you have allies set to Defensive?

I checked and they are still set to aggressive in mission 3.  AE just hates me.

In mission 4 the ally is set to defensive on purpose.

It must be something in the AI itself then; I also called Shivans and Snowmen and they all just followed me around until Ukon hit them with an AoE.