Contest Creation Help

oddrobin

Hello! I'm planning a contest and would like to know if I need permission from any of the official game people to run it. Is this a good place to ask for help with that?

I think the part I'm feeling iffy about is if I can mention City of Heroes: Homecoming on my website and form. Here's what I have so far:

The website: https://sites.google.com/view/cohbiocontest2022

The Form (which will be embedded into the website March 14): https://forms.app/form/621539e8976b950bb610add1?preview=true

On the website, I explicitly state the contest is not affiliated with the official City of Heroes: Homecoming team. 

I reread the code of conduct and the user agreement, and I couldn't find any conflicts with what I want to do. If I don't get any official responses in a few days, I'll go ahead with the contest. If I am asked to stop the contest later I will. 

Thank you!

• Lead Game Master

Personally, I'm a bit confused about the need for a website for this sort of thing, especially when you could just run it off the forums here.

But, if that's how you wanna do it, I don't really see any issue. The only thing I'd think to amend is the final line at the bottom, should say that you're not affiliated with the City of Heroes: Homecoming Team.

You might also want to disclaim which shard the Supergroups that are hosting/funding this are based out of.

That said, I'll double check with some higher-ups, just to make sure that all bases are covered 😃

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

Thanks for responding! I'm not all that familiar with how the forums work. I made the site so there would be a place to upload documents to me. The forums never occurred to me for something like that.

The line at the bottom now says "This contest is not affiliated with the official City of Heroes Team. It has been created, funded, and hosted entirely by the Excelsior super group 214 and NFTG."  

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate the help! 

Edit: Tonight I received a few million influence for prize money from another player, so I started a list of where the funding is coming from.

Edit#2: Oh, yeah! Also, I can't post in the event forum. Where would a random player post an event like this in the forum? Using the forum might be the better option. I just really, really like making websites. But I'm flexible!

Edited by oddrobin

• Lead Game Master

If you want to post an event, go to the Calendar:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/calendar/

And hit "Create Event"; then you should be able to select a name, date(s) it's being run and make a post, which will be linked to when people click the name on the calendar, An event won't show up until a GM approves it, thought!

Also, sorry for the late reply, this got away from me!

• Like 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!