Stuttering/Audio Static in Full Screen Mode

Chance_Fletcher

Hello,

Since the last update I've been having some issues with full screen mode, ie Desktop resolution. When I switch to full screen mode, which is my preferred mode to play in, I get really bad stuttering, and if I have a toggle power up that has audio, really bad static as the stutters occur. It is especially noticeable on my Seismic Blast/Earth Manipulation blaster when running Mud Bath and Beryl Crystals. The problem is also more noticeable in public or large areas, and less noticeable in instanced missions.

The reason I want to play in full screen is that in windowed mode the game is completely washed out and almost greyscale. I think because it's using the color scale from the desktop?

My specs are as follows.

OS Name - Windows 11 Pro (up to date)

Processor - Amd Ryzen 5 5600X

Motherboard - TUF Gaming X570-PRO (WIFI) - /w Realtek High Definition Audio

GPU - AMD Radeon RX 5700XT

RAM - 32GB Running at DCOP 3200Mhz (advertised speeds)

What I've done so far;

- Removed all MODs from the game (music, some graphical, vidiotmods etc.)

- Updated BIOS to latest

- Updated Chipset Drivers to latest

- Wiped GPU drivers using DDU

- Reinstalled latest GPU Drivers

- Changed settings in Radeon Adrenalin to vanilla

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Wow, I kinda wish I hadn't found the solution so quickly, feel a little like a doofus,

So, I run my GPU in 10 bit mode, which gives nice vibrant and deeper colors, rather than the regular 8 bit. Over Displayport this requires me to run at 120Hz rather than what the machine is capable of, which is 144Hz, otherwise I don't get the benifits of 10 bit mode. I can see the effects clearly if I switch back and forth from 120Hz to 144Hz. It simply comes down to the amount of data the Displayport can handle.

On a whim, I switched my in game refresh rate to 144Hz and now all the stuttering and static sound is gone. I have no idea why this is an issue all of a sudden, cause I've been running it on 120Hz this entire time, but it could be any number of things unrelated to game itself ie. driver updates etc

Anyway, I hope this can help folks who might have this issue in the future.

The old COH client just needs a good delete and reload now and then. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.