Watching Ted Lasso finally

DougGraves

Comcast has a few apple tv shows for free this week.  So I can see the first season of Ted Lasso.  I love it.  My wife and I watched the first 6 episodes last night and she is making me wait to watch the rest with her.

It's a heartwarming comedy about an American college coach hired to coach a UK football team.  It turns out the owner wants him to fail.  But he does  not know that and is determined to succeed.  But his idea of success is not winning but having a team of happy, well adjusted players.

It's got some football in it, but is mostly behind the scenes in the office and the locker room.  Although it has good variety, and some are at publicity events and other things.  

• 2 weeks later
On 3/16/2022 at 2:49 PM, DougGraves said:

It's a heartwarming comedy about an American college coach hired to coach a UK football team.  It turns out the owner wants him to fail.  But he does  not know that and is determined to succeed. 

So it is the Hudsucker Proxy for sports?

• 2 weeks later

Ted Lasso is one of my favorite shows ever. I don't know a thing about soccer...er, football, but I absolutely adore this show. Ted is so earnest and positive, but the show explores that personality type fully, good and bad. The show's openness with regard to mental health issues is amazingly well done. 

Highly, highly recommend a quick 1 month apple tv+ sub to watch both seasons of Ted Lasso.

Edited by Lightslinger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later