Elec / Trick Arrow. Operation New Character

Carnifax

So I haven't been playing much CoH, mostly because I've done most builds which interest me. But new Elec is intriguing. I've done Trick Arrow before (Grav/TA) but this combo seems appealing. I've no idea how the new mechanics for Shocked! and Tesla cage work though so am a bit stumped as to which way Tesla should be slotted (leaning towards proccing up the bugger) because I know it has some sort of "Release Charge" mechanic and no idea if that means it's better slotted for Damage instead. 

I'm also slightly aware that Elec/TA/Dark is going to want to be up close (for Short Circuit, Soul Drain and Dark Consumption) and far away for everything else. 

My Ranged Def is meh, it'd be nice to raise it but without losing too much. 

Here's what I've cobbled together but just wondering if anyone has alternate ideas. 

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Lightning Bolt -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(7), PwrTrns-+Heal(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(13)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- Slow-I(A)
Level 6: Flash Arrow -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(13), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(15), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(15)
Level 8: Charge Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Short Circuit -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(34), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(34), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(36), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(36), PwrTrns-+Heal(36)
Level 12: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(25), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(27), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(29)
Level 14: Ice Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(21), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(23), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(23)
Level 16: Poison Gas Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Tesla Cage -- Acc-I(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(19), UnbCns-Dam%(21), NrnSht-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), GldNet-Dam%(43)
Level 20: Acid Arrow -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), Rct-ResDam%(37)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Voltaic Sentinel -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(31)
Level 28: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(40)
Level 35: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(43), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(43), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(42)
Level 38: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- DS:DSyncEndModAcc(A), DS:DSyncEndModRech(45), DS:DSyncEndModRech(45)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33), GldArm-3defTpProc(37)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-%Dam(47), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(47), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(49)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50), EndMod-I(50)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 1: Shocked 
------------

I have an elec/TA. The changes to elec definitely helped it feel less anemic and he is really fun to play now. I don't have access to my build right now but here's some tips/concerns:

- Shocked from what I understand is a random chance to do additional damage, scaling in probability with how much end you have sapped from the target. It's a nice bonus especially when it happens alongside Scourge but is not something you can really plan around.

- Your non-Tesla Cage attacks build stacks like EA does and then when casting Tesla Cage it chains (just damage, not the hold) to nearby targets depending on stacks. It's OK but the chain damage is honestly pretty weak.

- It is really hard to cap ranged defense on this build because TA doesn't have tons of IO sets available to it. Luckily Flash Arrow can be enhanced to pretty high levels of -tohit which helps (and half of its debuff is unresistable).

- I would slot Ice Arrow for proc damage so it can be used in your ST attack chain. Once you have some global recharge it is easy to keep targets held even with zero hold enhancements. The buffs to EB are nice but it definitely still feels lacking in ST damage so IMO slotting it for procs is best.

- YMMV but I don't think Dark Mastery is good here. By the time you fire off your debuffs (let's say Acid/Flash/Disruption Arrows at minimum, OSA if its up, and Entangling Arrow on a hard target since it applies -res now), and then get into range for your PBAOEs, mobs will be dead or close to it and you won't get a ton of value out of Soul Drain. I dropped Short Circuit for this reason also. This is a busy build pre-APPs, I would just pick an armor you want and possibly an AOE immobilize to keep groups inside your death zone.

Some people slot OSA for proc damage also but I would rather slot it for -recharge. It does plenty of damage by itself. But something to consider for sure if you feel that your burst is lacking.

Edited by Sovereigne
  • Like 1

Thank you! Useful info, I'm still at the pondering stage 😃

30 minutes ago, Sovereigne said:

- Your non-Tesla Cage attacks build stacks like EA does and then when casting Tesla Cage it chains (just damage, not the hold) to nearby targets depending on stacks. It's OK but the chain damage is honestly pretty weak.

Yeah, I've been running some parses on an Elec/Sonic Blaster and I'm unsure of how good it is. "Not very" seems about right. Lots of hits, meh damage (although I don't have it fully slotted). Might fiddle with damage procs (Javelins and maybe the Apoc) because I assume they'll chain (maybe?). Hold ones won't. But maybe 2 hold and the 2 damage ones might make it worthwhile. 

1 hour ago, Sovereigne said:

- Shocked from what I understand is a random chance to do additional damage, scaling in probability with how much end you have sapped from the target. It's a nice bonus especially when it happens alongside Scourge but is not something you can really plan around.

The stats for Shocked on my Blaster are horrifically bad (like 296 damage of 8352 in Zapp). Could be that I'm not much of a sapper and it's more designed for Corruptors & Defenders who are likely to drop End quicker than Health (which leads me to a rethink and considering Elec/Poison instead of Trick Arrow)

1 hour ago, Sovereigne said:

- YMMV but I don't think Dark Mastery is good here. By the time you fire off your debuffs (let's say Acid/Flash/Disruption Arrows at minimum, OSA if its up, and Entangling Arrow on a hard target since it applies -res now), and then get into range for your PBAOEs, mobs will be dead or close to it and you won't get a ton of value out of Soul Drain. I dropped Short Circuit for this reason also. This is a busy build pre-APPs, I would just pick an armor you want and possibly an AOE immobilize to keep groups inside your death zone.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like it's pulling in two directions on me. TA likes Ranged and Elec / * / Dark is leaning more melee. Maybe I should split the difference and do an Elec/Poison/Dark and a Beam or NRG/Trick Arrow/Scorp (Beam would be interesting but that's a LOT of redraw 🙂)

I have my Cage slotted with several procs and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them chain. It’s still a solid attack power though!

I recommend giving EB/TA a go because I do think it’s really fun. Elec/ is not too busy to distract from TA (which Beam definitely would do) and its lower-end base damages benefit a lot from all the -res you can throw out at large groups. I also think the pairing really suits corruptors - throw your debuff chain out and when you’re done everything is probably in Scourge range for you. I don’t think giving up on Short Circuit to stay at range is a huge loss because that power is pretty weak and slow to animate.

I have one of these, but on a Defender. I went the Power Boost route in order to magnify the -ToHit in Flash Arrow and the endurance crash from the nuke.

It's good. There's a lot of synergy. Not going to be one of my mains I don't think. But an interesting combo.

In the overall I didn't find the new endurance drain mechanic as effective as Electric Control, although maybe it's not supposed to be. It's good and sometimes enemies go flat on endurance. It's sorta hard to keep them that way though. The extra damage from the Shocked effect is helpful in this regard to making the mechanic feel better.

However I have to be honest and admit I dislike the new Voltaic Sentinel. It's a toggle. If you get mezzed, it drops. It's annoying. I wasn't a big fan of the older version either, but at least it was on a steady schedule. Now it drops in the main times I might need something blasting to rescue me. Some players seem to like it though, so maybe it's a "me" thing.

Edited by oedipus_tex

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

I have one of these, but on a Defender. I went the Power Boost route in order to magnify the -ToHit in Flash Arrow and the endurance crash from the nuke.

It's good. There's a lot of synergy. Not going to be one of my mains I don't think. But an interesting combo.

In the overall I didn't find the new endurance drain mechanic as effective as Electric Control, although maybe it's not supposed to be. It's good and sometimes enemies go flat on endurance. It's sorta hard to keep them that way though. The extra damage from the Shocked effect is helpful in this regard to making the mechanic feel better.

However I have to be honest and admit I dislike the new Voltaic Sentinel. It's a toggle. If you get mezzed, it drops. It's annoying. I wasn't a big fan of the older version either, but at least it was on a steady schedule. Now it drops in the main times I might need something blasting to rescue me. Some players seem to like it though, so maybe it's a "me" thing.

Oh, I totally missed that in @Carnifax's build but no I would not take Voltaic Sentinel either. Too finnicky of a power and its contribution is questionable. IMO it's only good if you're on a set with several ally-only powers and plan to solo a lot.

On 3/25/2022 at 9:02 AM, Carnifax said:

Here's what I've cobbled together but just wondering if anyone has alternate ideas. 

Power choice looks great here! It's really hard to skip any of the TA powers.

This is one that I would really consider on a Defender instead, as you'll find it easier to build defenses, and so many of the debuff numbers are meaningfully different. Even on a Defender, the TA element will provide ample damage alongside your blasts, especially if you give it some proc love in the right places. Defenders also get a powerful ATO that provides meaningful quantities of healing. This does a great job at healing away any chip damage that makes it through.

I wouldn't sweat hitting softcap too much though. Flash arrow is an outstanding power, bridging the gap very nicely, and you have a wealth of other soft control at hand. If you can hit baseline ~20% or so to everything, Flash arrow will be plenty in the vast majority of situations, especially on a Defender. Backing off of a defense focus for IOs really frees you up to cram in procs and other goodies.

The sapping strategy is going to be a tough sell here, and I think you sacrifice too much even with marginal slotting devoted to it. I'd consider the Shocked damage as more of a happy bonus that happens in the right situation - same with the Voltaic chain damage. It is a neat trick, but a bit underwhelming if trying to leverage it specifically.

There really isn't anything in TA that inherently demands ranged operation, as none of the powers are cones. You can just as easily bloop out all the arrows at pbaoe range. In fact, you actually want to be in melee range for EMP arrow's buff field.

Despite the aforementioned annoyance of detoggling, I'd be hard pressed to skip Voltaic. It's essentially free damage, as it requires no animation time, and does really respectable damage when down to a single hard target, while also finishing off low health enemies here and there not quite blown away by your aoes. Consider that you have built-in mez protection with reasonable uptime in EMP arrow, though it isn't something to count on in every battle. Pet sets also have strong bonuses for the slots invested.

For comparison, here is my own TA/A Defender. The slotting philosophy is transferrable between AT's and blast sets to a decent degree. Perhaps you will find some bit of it useful!

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Straight Arrow: Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Secondary Power Set: Archery
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(43), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SphIns-%ToHit(43), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(33)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(5), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(5), Bmbdmt-Dam(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- Acc-I(A), NrnSht-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(9), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(37)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), GldJvl-Dam%(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(36)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), Ann-ResDeb%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Entangling Arrow -- IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(19)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(33), Lnch-+Special(45), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(27), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(34), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(46)
Level 35: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), HO:Ribo(50)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), JvlVll-Dam%(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(45), GldArm-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), Rct-Def(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
------------

So many TA powers have solid midrange proc potential. It's not so much that any one of them is a huge bomb save for Ice arrow, which is of course like any other hold, but that you can squeeze a ton of incidental and fairly reliable damage into fundamental actions you need to be doing anyhow. 

13 hours ago, Sovereigne said:

I have my Cage slotted with several procs and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them chain. It’s still a solid attack power though!

Hold ones shouldn't. Damage ones should, if it's being normal. 

9 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Despite the aforementioned annoyance of detoggling, I'd be hard pressed to skip Voltaic. It's essentially free damage, as it requires no animation time

Yup, planning on keeping it. Damage is meh but its also free animation-wise. 

There really isn't anything in TA that inherently demands ranged operation, as none of the powers are cones. You can just as easily bloop out all the arrows at pbaoe range. In fact, you actually want to be in melee range for EMP arrow's buff field.

This is a very good point. I have a Grav/TA and have for years, which is probably why I'm like "TA = Ranged" to be fair. 

This is one that I would really consider on a Defender instead, as you'll find it easier to build defenses, and so many of the debuff numbers are meaningfully different. Even on a Defender, the TA element will provide ample damage alongside your blasts, especially if you give it some proc love in the right places. Defenders also get a powerful ATO that provides meaningful quantities of healing. This does a great job at healing away any chip damage that makes it through.

I'll do a proccy defender version and see what it looks like on paper. May be the better approach overall. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I had a Poison / Elec which I converted, then robbed bits off Only's build and came up with a decent looking build. Glue gets dropped I'm afraid, could swap it out with Charge up or Combat Jumping but liking the look of this as a Point Blank Arrow type build. Power Sink might end up being too slow but at the moment it looks interesting. 

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Technology Defender
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(3), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(3), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(46)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg(7)
Level 2: Entangling Arrow -- TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(A)
Level 4: Ball Lightning -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(15), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(15)
Level 6: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Ice Arrow -- Acc-I(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(9), NrnSht-Dam%(11), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(43), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(47), UnbCns-Dam%(47)
Level 10: Short Circuit -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(37)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 14: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 16: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(49), AchHee-ResDeb%(49), ShlBrk-%Dam(49), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- DS:DSyncEndModRech(A)
Level 20: Zapp -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(21), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(21), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GldJvl-Dam%(45)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), DefBuff-I(23)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(25), DefBuff-I(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Dam/Rech(27), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 28: Tesla Cage -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(29), Apc-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(43)
Level 30: Poison Gas Arrow -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(33), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 35: Voltaic Sentinel -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Thunderous Blast -- Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(39), Artl-Dam/End(39), Artl-Acc/Dam(39), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(40), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(40)
Level 41: Power Sink -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(42), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(42), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(42), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(43)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Charge Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), EndMod-I(33)
------------

Edited by Carnifax

34 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Glue gets dropped I'm afraid,

Looking pretty solid!

My own build does run a bit tight on end at times, so Power Sink is not uncalled for. I played without Glue for a while, but regretted dropping it and added it back myself. You'll get a feel for your preference in practice of course, but I found that mob scatter was a bit too chaotic in solo work without it when OSA was down. The fact that it adds a bit of mitigation and can be procced for meaningful damage is great too.

One thing I do see missing is the Gladiator +def unique, would be an easy sub in for the third slot in maneuvers siphoned off to Tough instead.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

One thing I do see missing is the Gladiator +def unique, would be an easy sub in for the third slot in maneuvers siphoned off to Tough instead.

Well spotted. I've also switched the Def/End from LOTG in Weave to a Kismet. 

Glue I might change my mind on, things without End do typically Sir Robin the hell away. I know I definitely want Entangling for AVs and bosses (both the Immob and the -Resist) so it's a toss up between Glue, Poison Gas and maybe Combat Jumping (although CJ is a decent mule). 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Glue, Poison Gas and maybe Combat Jumping

None of these are really easy drops for sure! CJ is your in-combat maneuverability, which is hard to give up. If you're just sprinting into melee for all of your aoes though, perhaps less needed. Definitely a "play and see" situation.

I'd be interested to hear anything you might discover regarding how the ranged damage procs translate, if at all, to Tesla chains. I only have one Eblast character myself (sentinel), but extra discoveries can be inspiring for new builds. : )

My personal approach would be to drop Power Sink, grab glue, and redistribute slots elsewhere. Sapping is just not really needed on a good TA. Fun and concept trumps all, in any case! You might simply enjoy the approach.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

For comparison, this is the build I made for my Defender that went the Power Boost route. Full disclosure, other than running around on the test server with it for a few minutes, I didn't get close to finishing the in-game version. I did hit 50 on the un-IOed build and demolished the Honoree in the incarnate mission though, so that may indicate something.

Despite what I said about not liking Voltaic Sentinel much, I did take it, mainly because it takes a pet IO set that provides combination Ranged Defense and Recharge.

This build is possibly underprocced for damage. It does have  an unusually high amount of self heal though. There's a heal proc in Ball Lightning, Short Circuit, Thunderous Blast, Poison Gas, and Disruption Arrow, and the +Absorb proc in Charged Bolts.

I skipped Tesla Cage, which may be a mistake. However in actual gameplay I didn't find the power that great. It has an interesting AoE mechanic but I could never get behind how it actually functions. 

image.thumb.png.c06721c83887449628c768753f774a74.png

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Charged Bolts -- SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(3), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(11), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(13), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Ball Lightning -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(15), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(19), GldNet-Dam%(21), NrnSht-Dam%(21), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(23), HO:Endo(23)
Level 8: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 10: Poison Gas Arrow -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(25), PstBls-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), ShlBrk-%Dam(29), HO:Lyso(29)
Level 14: Short Circuit -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(31), PwrTrns-EndMod(31), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(31), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(33), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(33)
Level 16: Charge Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 20: Zapp -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(33), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), StnoftheM-Dam%(36)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Dam/Rech(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(39)
Level 28: Glue Arrow -- Range(A)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39), StdPrt-ResKB(39)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(40), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(40), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(40)
Level 35: Voltaic Sentinel -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(42), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(50), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Thunderous Blast -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(43), PwrTrns-EndMod(43), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(43), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(45), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(45)
Level 41: Soul Drain -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(9), PwrTrns-EndMod(11)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1418;708;1416;HEX;|
|78DA65944B4F535110C7CF7DB5A52F405E7D804081822D568A8FC49DF24A506A881|
|8B74D6D6FEB8DD7965C8AC0D7F0859A80B87461540475EBD285092AEA0790E84A01|
|01A30B53A767E608869B945FCE9C9933FFF39F7B494C0FB8B3D9A1534CF2F69BA98|
|989E4809ED5F319DDD212A99C9166E5C70E3FBF8827FB26B3D9D805CB485F499EB6|
|ACC254CBBF9DF3A97C4ECFC4064D3D5D84FD9499EC83238BAC7AB4503063C3F96BC|
|68471C9308DE28C8747868CDCE5A291CF39F96A6C5CD7332EDC30CB3BC1C171231D|
|EB2F58D6E478B16025C70A9366320107EAD68C0F2485E0775D863F125759622C008|
|8ABEC91CCC453D258AFCA83F271621CA9CE61B23A8FB42D206F40B144272AD26758|
|35A9CCB986747F217E453E0628A293F242E127789F13179155CF884BC803CBC85B5|
|0AC8962EDAA849BC33267ED2026D5A624DEA9DEABF175FD0948871B786028769229|
|D9EBB0D8F787F1E4DB70468570A5E2356ECE42D025DAB95EC1AA062ADE60BBC04BB|
|C7D40C6368D36859FD478B2DC4E614F20CD238A3D3FD1C2833BC40DE226B2658BB8|
|8D7C0AC59554CC2A1F62C73B806AA1B19A4E5C2CABA2A056D38D16B4ACA0B6D6B7C|
|477C4F7C8B655A40496D489367525785808420DC2A58628E513EF4233BF68E6EF41|
|056DC790ED47893634A45D43861DC89B501C14F28355E89202ED9A282837F5A2FC7|
|0034E30EC43DE83CA66F18235AFE28BD4F981F891F809B90408098DA16DB4EED016|
|719DB8818C6F127F2097011D62681D6471848616A1A1456868DD34B46E1ADA14A8E|
|F92F8B75552BB1ED0E602F2F07DE23C710E390D455171B7E86F34E0C8367187F80B|
|B9E6662C262C8CD15054B0B0474CAC87DEEB782DF29CBAFBB5971AD5DDAFBCBC867|
|18FEC0F8DAAA20242120F7D73EEFD9FC143DFF787D6F78464D68A926D175188E30C|
|B053651BFF25CDA2ED0E72DA490EFBA23C29C3559F8DC0FD484F69A40612C47DFE0|
|27898E5A7|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Edited by oedipus_tex

12 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

This build is possibly underprocced for damage. It does have  an unusually high amount of self heal though. There's a heal proc in Ball Lightning, Short Circuit, Thunderous Blast, Poison Gas, and Disruption Arrow, and the +Absorb proc in Charged Bolts.

Mine is possibly overslotted for ranged def. Think taking a leaf from your book and converting at least one of the Artillary sets to Power Transfer would make more sense (probably as you did, move the AT set from Short Circuit to Ball Lightning, stick Power T into SC for better sapping & a chance to heal with every cast)

Anyway Robo N Hood is now a thing and after a quick PLing session is level 28, where I like to start off. Just slotted him up with his first raft of IO sets (I slot as I go as I enjoy it that way)