Chat Tabs question

Redletter

This isnt a big deal or anything, but like, is there a command to add a chat tab to the chat window? Whenever I make a toon, I end up having to add each and every tab individually and it takes like, five whole minutes. This minor inconvenience is very minor, and very inconveniencing.

Resident certified baby

Assuming you are wanting to set up all your character chats the same way, you can save your entire chat setup in the options menu.  I want to say the button is at the bottom of the windows tab, but I’m away from my computer and can’t check at the moment.  I’m not aware of a command for creating new tabs, but I’m no expert on text commands in general, so if there is one, I’m sure someone will be along to chime in about it.

I use /chatsave. That saves your current chat tab setup and new characters will have that setup automatically. You can also use /chatload to load what you have saved.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

No, there's no command. Pretty much all chat setup has to be done manually.

But setting up chat "perfectly" on one alt, then using /chatsave to save the configuration and /chatload to add it to other alts or restore it after it's messed up, is the right overall solution. You only have to do it once. (If you tweak it on any alt, use /chatsave again and you can re/load the new config on all your other alts.)

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com