What is the proper way to export Mids builds to the forums?

Turn off the blob of hex format that looks like Matrix code.  It should have a link at the top, easier for everyone to critique your build with a simple download instead of a copy paste.

• Thumbs Down 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 4/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Turn off the blob of hex format that looks like Matrix code.  It should have a link at the top, easier for everyone to critique your build with a simple download instead of a copy paste.

Nope. The website the link goes to has an invalid certificate which causes problems for people who dislike disabling security to see your build. 

The hex code will import and doesn't risk a thing. If you want me to look at your build in Mid's, there had better be hex.

• Like 1

I agree with Erratic.  The link doesn't open correctly, I can only use the Data Chunk ("hex code").

At the top of Mids there is Import/Export dropdown.  Select "Short Forum Export" and a box will pop up.  The default Color Scheme and Format are fine.  In the lower left are radio buttons for Data Chunk (good) and DataLink.  It doesn't hurt to export both chunk and link.  In the lower right are enhancement and set bonuses.  In most cases, you don't need to export invention levels, bonus totals, or set breakdowns.

If you want to improve readability, consider hiding the build itself behind spoiler tags.

One more thing.  You should post an explanation.  If you're asking for help, explain any concept limits and goals.  If you're providing help, explain why your build advances their goals.  Throwing builds up without context doesn't promote the eradication of ignorance.

• 2 weeks later