debt badges

wjrasmussen

There was a time when that wasn't a bad idea.  Back before you had the option to shut off xp, I would keep my characters in perma-debt so that I could try to do all of the story arcs & badge missions in each level range on them.  Earning the debt badges was just gravy.

But once the devs added the option to shut off xp & added Ouroboros to flashback to the stuff you missed, this technique became unnecessary.  And since the amount of debt that you could work off was much lower at lower levels than at higher levels, the most efficient path to the debt badges was to wait & do them at 50, when all of the xp you would have gained was going to debt repayment.

But now that we have incarnate levels, has this changed?  Does being in debt at 50+ reduce the rate that you gain incarnate levels?  If so, then working on the debt badges as you level up may make a lot of sense.  You may be on to something here! ;)

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

If you aren't hurting for money, you go the P2W vendor, get the 200% XP temp power, then put yourself in perma debt.  You level like you would normally at 100% and also put some good work in on your debt badges.

Patrol XP that is either lost from debt when you faceplant or negates the debt you already have when you log off, also counts towards debt badges.

this is part of my thinking on the  situation.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Use the giant monsters in peregrine island to get killed fast and rack up five bubbles of debt.

Then work it off in missions or log out for a day or two and patrol of xp will burn off the debt and work the nadges