Spice World

Magnificus

Hi. I don't normally hang here but I wanted to set down some background for several of characters related by background. This is really for my use but I am sharing it cause I think that I am hilarious and talented *shrug*.

First: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spice_Girls 

I have never been a fan but when I came back to CoX I got this idea to make pop idol meta girls. All of the outfits had to be stage worthy, they and their powers had to be flashy, the backgrounds had to include them being performers and they had to have Spice in their name. I have 4 or 5 of them and the toughest part is coming up with names and a unique look (from each other). It could have been anything but I enjoy my version of irony.

In a world of superhumans the powerful, the flashiest, the photogenic, the controversial and the best managed metas are the ones that attain and maintain a celebrity. In their world its not enough to be an actor or a pop performer or a sports player. It's not enough to be hot or controversial. You have to have that link to super humanity. If you cant be one yourself then you have to somehow become a part of that culture just to maintain celebrity. But there is a glitch and that is that there is more going on then pretty people that look good in tights using flashy abilities. There is some type of cosmic moral principal at work. It's not just a world of super humans. It is a world of Heroes and Villains, people that are unabashedly and without self consciousness exemplifying a moral compass point.

When the Herberts and Murphy got their idea of a girl band they realized it wasn't enough to select a few attractive talented chicks. They also had to have some type of flashy abilities that weren't scary and there simply were not many girls like that in the UK so they hooked up with other talent and money people in the US and out of the 1100 or so women from around the world that tried out finally settled on 5. None of them where related to our worlds Spice Girls in any way who are all normal girls.

There was a Brassy, a Surfer, a Ginger, a Sporty and a Classy. Management made the mistake of assuming that a superhuman girl is the same as any other kind of girl. Oh they performed well together and started getting famous and selling records and making videos and appearances and live venues though it took a couple of years. But there was strife. Ginger had a criminal record for assault from when she was a teen. Classy was a sociopath that manipulated others to get what she wanted. Sporty was morally upright and combative. The other two just wanted to be famous and loved but came out against Ginger and Classy in the end. During a sold out show in 1996 things finally came to a head and a fight broke out on stage. Many were injured and the arena was trashed. Their albums sold like never before but all of the agencies that had been representing them got sued out of existence. But they didn't exactly break up. They did split up along moral lines and then each group expanded their ranks in clear readiness to bring a fight to the other side.

The Heroic Spice Girls of Paragon City and the Villainous Spice Girls of the Rogue Isles. New members must be performers that can sing and dance solo or in small groups. They don't have to play an instrument or write music or lyrics but do have to look hot on stage or during a fight. They must be able to attract a fan base of some type. They have to have flashy abilities but scary is no longer a problem.

Hahaahaha! I reserve the right to edit this whenever.

• Thumbs Up 1