Wolf with pets build

I am rolling around in my head a Wolf with the Crab spider pets plus the epic pet, nothing else with the Crab spider options.  Pretty much a pseudo AR/Traps (debuff grenades) + Pet concept (Summon Spiderling, Call Reinforcement, epic  Summon Blaster) but there is a lot of powers and not enough options, as well as trying to get the pets as near perma as possible. Trying to bump up defense which looks like its possible to go positional, but AoE is lagging.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Henchman 23: Level 50 Mutation Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 1: Wolf Spider Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(3), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 2: Burst -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Acc/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Apc-Dam%(7)
Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Krm-ResKB(31), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 8: Heavy Burst -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Rgn-Knock%(29)
Level 10: Wide Area Web Grenade -- EnfOpr-Acc/Rchg(A), EnfOpr-EndRdx/Immob(11), EnfOpr-Immob/Rng(11), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob/Rchg(13), EnfOpr-Acc/Immob(13), EnfOpr-Acc/EndRdx(29)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(17)
Level 14: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19), LucoftheG-Def(19)
Level 16: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Frag Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(23)
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 22: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 28: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Bayonet -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Fortification -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResKB(33), Empty(34)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(36), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), RechRdx-I(37), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(39), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), RechRdx-I(40), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(40)
Level 41: Web Envelope -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Mace Blast -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Summon Blaster -- CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(48), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), CaltoArm-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(48), RechRdx-I(50), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------
------------

15 slots left, room for set bonuses but lacking powers.  Burst, heavy burst , and Single shot prefered in keeping.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I guess my main question would be, have you tried Spiderlings and are you satisfied with how long they live? I think they die way too quickly in any sort of challenging team fight and never do enough damage to justify giving them a lot of enhancements. So, I have a couple of theories on their use:
A) Don't bother with them. You can be a maceless Bane Spider with three strong ranged pets and not bother with waving around a non-functional Crab backpack.
B) Take them, but slot them with the +Defense and +Resist unique IOs to keep your pets alive longer, and don't worry too much about their own damage.

If you are taking the backpack I would definitely take Serum. You're going to have more aggro than your pets and a self-heal is a handy thing to have.

Teleport Target is useful if your pets ever get stuck, or if you can't complete a mission because an enemy is stuck in a wall, and you can slot it with a Blessing of the Zephyr Knockback Resist IO, so you don't have to dedicate one of your free enhancement slots.

I recommend converting Frag Grenade's knockback to knockdown. Besides annoying melee teammates, knockback can cause your pets (especially Spiderlings, which think they're good at melee) to "play fetch" into the aggro of another spawn.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Spiderlings should at least be 4-slotted for the Set bonus from Expedient Reinforcement. Being able to resummon the pets when they expire is important. Mileage varies if you want to put any of the pet global pieces in them.