Question about Necromancy - Soul Extraction

biostem

So I've been leveling up a Necro/Kin MM, but have a question about Soul Extraction;  I created a bind that uses the 'releasepets' command, followed by "targetcustomnext defeated mypet" to kill then target one of my minions.  Is there a way to *only* release a single pet instead?  The 'dismiss' command doesn't leave a corpse.  Could I use "targetcustomnext defeated lich" to only target the lich, even if I renamed it?  Thank you for any help you can provide!

Nope, no way to only release one.

Personally I use two binds and just press one after the other and it works pretty easy and quick:

/bind divide "petcom_pow Zombie dismiss$$petcom_pow Grave dismiss$$releasepets"

/bind multiply "powexecname Soul Extraction$$petselect 0"

First one gets rid of the zombies and knights and leaves just the lich body behind.  Second one selects the lich pet body remaining and extracts from it (and name doesn't matter).  You can of course change the bound keys to whatever you want, I use the divide and multiply keys on the numpad.  At lower level pre lich you can alter the first one so that you can extract from a knight.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

May I ask what the purpose of this command is?  Any reason why "targetcustomnext defeated lich" wouldn't work?  Thanks!

That'd probably work too, I've noticed there's often more than one way to do the same thing with binds.

• Thumbs Up 1