New Fear Sets Suggestions

Names are kinda placeholders at the moment and subject to change.

Paralyzing Fear 20-50

Fear/Range
Accuracy/Fear/Recharge
Accuracy/Recharge
Endurance/Fear
Endurance/Recharge
Accuracy/Fear

Set Bonuses
2: Improves the duration of your Fear effects by 3.75%.
3: Increases maximum Health by 1.875%.
4: Improves the Accuracy of all your powers by 9%.
5: Improves the Recharge of all your powers by 8.75%.
6: When you use fear power on already terrorized target convert all fear into held effect with %50 duration lost. Occurs once every 20 seconds. (Essentially 3 PPM)

As you can see there is no proc. Proc is only exist at 6 set bonus so it is kinda different and it isn't overpowered (I think? I mean who slots fear power these days? especially 6 slot?).

Anyway rest...

Backstabbing Fear 20-50

Fear/Recharge
Accuracy/Recharge
Endurance/Fear
Endurance/Recharge
Accuracy/Fear
Fear/Accuracy/Recharge

Set Bonuses

2: Improves the duration of your Fear effects by 2.75%.
3: Increases Energy and Negative Energy Defense by 2.675%.

3: Increases Ranged Defense by 1.425%.
4: Increases Recovery by 4%.

5: Increases Negative and Energy Resistance by 4.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Immobilize effects on you by 7.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Hold effects on you by 7.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Stun effects on you by 7.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Sleep effects on you by 7.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Fear effects on you by 7.5%.

5: reduces the duration of Confuse effects on you by 7.5%.
6: When you use fear power on already terrorized target convert all fear into confusion effect with %50 duration lost. Occurs once every 20 seconds.

And Purple Set

Contagious Horror

Fear (Superior)

Fear/Recharge (Superior)

Fear/Recharge/Accuracy (Superior)

Recharge/Accuracy (Superior)

Fear/Endurance (Superior)

Contagious Fear

• Two enhancements increases Recovery by 4%.
  • Three enhancements increases Fire and Cold Resistance by 6%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Immobilize effects on you by 10%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Hold effects on you by 10%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Stun effects on you by 10%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Sleep effects on you by 10%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Fear effects on you by 10%.
  • Three enhancements reduces the duration of Confuse effects on you by 10%.
  • Four enhancements improves the Accuracy of all your powers by 15%.
  • Five enhancements improves the Recharge of all your powers by 10%.
  • Six enhancements increases Toxic and Psionic Resistance by 6%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Immobilize effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Hold effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Stun effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Sleep effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Fear effects on you by 10%.
  • Six enhancements reduces the duration of Confuse effects on you by 10%.

Set bonuses are same as any purple set since i don't think we can change those.

• Like 1

I'm not sure effects can be transformed into other effects. I would think that would require the existing effect's duration to be set to 0 and the new effect to be applied with its own duration, which would then be resisted normally. So it is more likely that the feared target(s) would simply be freed of their fear earlier, though minions and lieutenants may be subject to the confuse effect. I'm not sure if mobs actually have any confuse resist.

Let's say this does happen, what would be the magnitude of the hold effect?

Also, I'm no expert, but it looks to me like all three sets are purples due to their set bonus values.

Just now, Rudra said:

I'm not sure effects can be transformed into other effects. I would think that would require the existing effect's duration to be set to 0 and the new effect to be applied with its own duration, which would then be resisted normally. So it is more likely that the feared target(s) would simply be freed of their fear earlier, though minions and lieutenants may be subject to the confuse effect. I'm not sure if mobs actually have any confuse resist.

Let's say this does happen, what would be the magnitude of the hold effect?

Also, I'm no expert, but it looks to me like all three sets are purples due to their set bonus values.

Magnitude is standard 3

as for set bonus values... I just copied them from existing fear sets so they may change too.

It's the 4% recovery that makes me think they are purples. While purple sets do have 4% recovery bonuses, the highest I can recall outside of purples is 2.5%. Someone with more knowledge about set bonus values would have to review the proposed sets' bonus values.

Just to be clear, I am not for this idea, but neither am I against it. I am just looking for more information. I personally avoid fear powers because when I use them, the mobs all run away, and they already do that more than enough without being feared. (Which is why I am actually interested in the fear conversion effects. I'm just not sure they can be incorporated.) So please bear with me as I ask my questions. I am simply trying to understand.

41 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It's the 4% recovery that makes me think they are purples. While purple sets do have 4% recovery bonuses, the highest I can recall outside of purples is 2.5%. Someone with more knowledge about set bonus values would have to review the proposed sets' bonus values.

Just to be clear, I am not for this idea, but neither am I against it. I am just looking for more information. I personally avoid fear powers because when I use them, the mobs all run away, and they already do that more than enough without being feared. (Which is why I am actually interested in the fear conversion effects. I'm just not sure they can be incorporated.) So please bear with me as I ask my questions. I am simply trying to understand.

Fear powers arent suppose to make mobs run away though. Unless you mean patch powers like burn, howling twilight etc. Essentially change is only applies to Terrorize powers like control sets.

I don't know if fear conversion effects is possible either since whats with spaghetti code but there is always hope.

As for set bonuses yeah i have no knowledge about what set bonuses should be. Even %4 feels low though. Maybe we could change to endurance discount or something.

Nope. Not talking about patches like burn or tar patch or what-have-you. Mobs trying to get out of those make sense and they do not have a fear component. I mean things like cloak of fear and spectral terror.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct second power name.

While some of the set bonuses are interesting, the enhancements themselves don't do anything that the existing fear sets don't already do. I would much rather see new fear sets that add damage  and/or -tohit to the mix. Most fear powers have -tohit as a secondary effect. It would be nice to have a set that enhances both fear and -tohit. At least two fear powers do damage - I would like to see IO sets that enhance both fear (or any mezz) and damage, much like the new endmod sets. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller