Got a new tablet so I got Marvel Unlimited again

Had it on the ipad but the ipad stopped working with an update from apple a few years ago.

Finally got a new tablet - an android.   And I have Marvel Unlimited again.

I just love reading comic books.  I'm not sure why.  They are not great.  But they are fun.  And it is the combination of the pictures and the text that just make it magic for me.

I do only like the older ones.  I tried Fantastic Four from 1998 and while the art was fine the pacing was just too slow.  And the newer comics I find to be crazy slow pacing.

But I have the comics from 1961 to about 1990 to read, so that will keep me busy for awhile.  I don't know which of the old ones I 've read so I'll just re-read them all probably.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 12:45 AM, DougGraves said:

Had it on the ipad but the ipad stopped working with an update from apple a few years ago.

Finally got a new tablet - an android.   And I have Marvel Unlimited again.

I just love reading comic books.  I'm not sure why.  They are not great.  But they are fun.  And it is the combination of the pictures and the text that just make it magic for me.

I do only like the older ones.  I tried Fantastic Four from 1998 and while the art was fine the pacing was just too slow.  And the newer comics I find to be crazy slow pacing.

But I have the comics from 1961 to about 1990 to read, so that will keep me busy for awhile.  I don't know which of the old ones I 've read so I'll just re-read them all probably.

Just out of curiosity, how do you like Mike Mignola's pacing on Hellboy? 

I've read some Hellboy.  I don't like the art so I don't read it much.

I find the pacing to be slow but not too slow.  It's really short story horror pacing.  A slow build up to a reveal.  Which is okay but not what I look for.