Do you enjoy the Relentless Difficulty for ASF?

blue4333

On 7/7/2022 at 2:03 PM, Mezmera said:

Relentless calls for people to be adaptable and have options to bring in various characters available to use from support, high dps, hard control or a beefy tank.  It's highly recommended to have the Destiny Core Barrier to bring, you will want at least a few and at minimum 4 people on Barrier duty if you want to do the special Vanguard fight.  

Leadership powers are also well recommended.  Moving as a team with Maneuvers and Tactics powering everyone should keep the team chugging along.  I'll not go off on my own unless I'm on a high invisibility character and will rarely engage on my own because I miss so much more frequently on my own. 

But I will say this has pushed me to be better on all of my characters.  On my dom I know Domination gets me a huge burst of +tohitt for 15s after I reclick so now I will wait to drop all my best control right after.  

It really comes down to the lead assessing the team makeup and have options available of their own.  I have no problem PUGing one of these so anyone that feels up for some fun I'm sure I'll be running this often enough on Excel after the next update drops.

Pretty much this

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

On 7/7/2022 at 3:03 PM, Mezmera said:

Relentless calls for people to be adaptable and have options to bring in various characters available to use from support, high dps, hard control or a beefy tank.  It's highly recommended to have the Destiny Core Barrier to bring, you will want at least a few and at minimum 4 people on Barrier duty if you want to do the special Vanguard fight.  

Leadership powers are also well recommended.  Moving as a team with Maneuvers and Tactics powering everyone should keep the team chugging along.  I'll not go off on my own unless I'm on a high invisibility character and will rarely engage on my own because I miss so much more frequently on my own. 

But I will say this has pushed me to be better on all of my characters.  On my dom I know Domination gets me a huge burst of +tohitt for 15s after I reclick so now I will wait to drop all my best control right after.  

It really comes down to the lead assessing the team makeup and have options available of their own.  I have no problem PUGing one of these so anyone that feels up for some fun I'm sure I'll be running this often enough on Excel after the next update drops.

If you have a Tanker named Mighty Woman, I'm pretty sure I've been on several Relentless ASFs with you.  You do an excellent job explaining precisely what the team needs to do, you pay close attention to team comp, and you prompt players when to act.

Unfortunately, I've infrequently seen leaders do half those things and Relentless ASFs can quickly pick apart sloppy or unprepared teams.  My opinion is that this has lead a great deal of TF leaders to hesitate creating pug ASFs, despite the higher rewards associated with it.

• Like 2