Super Reflexes / MA Build. Your Thoughts

meyerwolf406

Been working on this for a several days now and done 2 respects trying out different builds in game and I think this one is going to be the final one.  I really don't like doing respects they take soooooo long lol.   I know its a fairly expensive Build but that's why we farm right. I already have the 3

D-sync on another character  I don't play that I can take from.  I found that Dragon Tail does more damage proc'd out then when I just had Superior Gauntleted Fist (witch is what it has in it now). I feel that the build doesn't suffer to much by swapping out for the extra damage but I am by NO means a expert.  I am having fun with Fold Space as I learn how to and not to use the ability. I can and have been playing with Sprint on with no issues so my End seems to be fine.  One question I have would be Alpha slot for this build? I was thinking  Musculature Core for more damage or would the build benefit more from  Nerve Total Core For ACC, or would another one fill in any gaps that I'm not seeing better?  This is not a solo play character. 

I will be teaming 99% of the time but unlike some of my other tanks some of witch I made to run only 1 specific TF and NOTHING else.  This one will be all over the place doing TF's from all lvl ranges multiple time just to have fun teaming with ppl.

Thanks for taking a look and giving me your thoughts and ideas. 

Super Reflexes MA tank Work In Progress.mxd

Howdy. I looked over your build. Just wanna offer a couple of my own opinions.

That's some pretty impressive s/l resistance, but if you're making this toon for general purpose, I would recommend sacrificing some of that to invest into nrg/neg resistance. It'll help with stuff like ITF where the Nictus Essence will autohit you. The 3 passives also offer massive scaling resistance, so as you lose HP you essentially become more invincible.

I have a couple of proc chasing toons, but my personal experience with MA is that because the powers recharge so fast, you start to see diminishing returns on your procs in long fights. This is mostly just personal feel. I've never done real testing on that.

Anyways, I do have an example of what I would do for your perusal. I did keep in mind you want to use Fold Space but I almost forgot, so I built with that in mind.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

mind if i pull the whole map: Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(15), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 6: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 12: Evasion -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(17), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), EndRdx-I(48)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(40), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(45), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(45)
Level 16: Cobra Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(25), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 22: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 30: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(39), TtnCtn-ResDam(39), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(39), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(40), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(43), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 44: Teleport Target -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Fold Space -- DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(A), DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(48), DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(48)
Level 49: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50), EndRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(3), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/+End(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(7), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(9), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Incarnates are turned off, but I'd go with Musculature Core if I were using this. Maybe Vigor if you're against using insps. And all of my SR characters have Barrier, because sometimes stuff just gets through.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

4 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Howdy. I looked over your build. Just wanna offer a couple of my own opinions.

That's some pretty impressive s/l resistance, but if you're making this toon for general purpose, I would recommend sacrificing some of that to invest into nrg/neg resistance. It'll help with stuff like ITF where the Nictus Essence will autohit you. The 3 passives also offer massive scaling resistance, so as you lose HP you essentially become more invincible.

I have a couple of proc chasing toons, but my personal experience with MA is that because the powers recharge so fast, you start to see diminishing returns on your procs in long fights. This is mostly just personal feel. I've never done real testing on that.

Anyways, I do have an example of what I would do for your perusal. I did keep in mind you want to use Fold Space but I almost forgot, so I built with that in mind.

Reveal hidden contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

mind if i pull the whole map: Level 50 Natural Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(11), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(34), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(23)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(15), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), EndRdx-I(46)
Level 6: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 12: Evasion -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(17), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(17), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), EndRdx-I(48)
Level 14: Combat Teleport -- WntGif-ResSlow(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(40), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(45), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(45)
Level 16: Cobra Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(25), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), TchofDth-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 22: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Lucky -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 30: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 32: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(37), TchofDth-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(39), TtnCtn-ResDam(39), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(39), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(40), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(43), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 44: Teleport Target -- IntRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Fold Space -- DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(A), DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(48), DS:DSyncThreatAccRech(48)
Level 49: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(50), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50), EndRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(3), NmnCnv-Heal(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(5), Pnc-Heal/+End(5), Prv-Absorb%(7)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(A), SynSck-EndMod(7), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(9), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Incarnates are turned off, but I'd go with Musculature Core if I were using this. Maybe Vigor if you're against using insps. And all of my SR characters have Barrier, because sometimes stuff just gets through.

Wow.  You made spot on points.  I started getting that S/L Res over 35% I lost focus on all the others. I agree 100% if I am going to run the Gauntlet of TF's and especially ITF (witch is my favorite) its best to have a more balanced build.  

Does the +6% Enhancement (Heal) effect regen or the Proc of Panacea?

4 hours ago, meyerwolf406 said:

Does the +6% Enhancement (Heal) effect regen or the Proc of Panacea?

It gives a tiny boost to the regeneration you get from Health. With softcap and scaling resists, you don't need much else to keep yourself upright, so little boosts like that can go a long way.

Edited by Spaghetti Betty

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I see what you mean about the Proc's. With your build Dragon Tail is up every 3.5 sec when ever Hasten is on and under 3 sec on a regular basses. with a PPM of only 3.5 you have alot of time with no proc at all.  Not yet Fully incarnated but got Alpha and Destiny to their top tiers.  

Thank you again for all your help.  You turned a good build into a great one.  I will make sure to give credit where it's do in my Character profile.

• Thanks 1