Need some feedback on this SR/DM tanker I'm trying to build to deal with hard mode content (I.E 801.A, Relentless Aeon, Relentless ITF)

DRoddo

I'm also trying to build them to be able to solo hardmode level content. I tested out this tanker in an 801.6 mission in Beta and he did fine. But, I think he suffered heavily from recovery/regen issues so I'm not sure what I could do to remedy that

If these are your goals, you will almost certainly want dual builds.  Start your testing with the ASF, it's by far twice as easy to solo compared to the the ITF.  Soloing anything above 1-star, you'll need something in the 400 dps range.  You won't find that on many tanks, and building for that much dps may be counter productive to staying alive in 2-star and higher content. 

• Thumbs Up 4

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

17 hours ago, Linea said:

If these are your goals, you will almost certainly want dual builds.  Start your testing with the ASF, it's by far twice as easy to solo compared to the the ITF.  Soloing anything above 1-star, you'll need something in the 400 dps range.  You won't find that on many tanks, and building for that much dps may be counter productive to staying alive in 2-star and higher content. 

Got feedback from the legend themselves! Sick

So you mention building something in the 400 dps range but trying to ensure I don't give up too much survivability. Would delving into the Brute Archetype help me achieve this equilibrium?

Not really.  For standard content a 350 dps tank is very doable, but that tank in 4-Star hardmode wills squish like a grape.

Outside of T9s, the below conceptualizes what you're asking.

My scrapper cheats, pushes near the max dps for an armored scrapper build, but uses T9s to get away with it.  As a main-tank on 4-Star you will *NOT* have the luxury of using T9s, you have to be hardened 24/7 no gaps. The T9s can skew things, but also at a cost.   When I solo the 2-Star, I frequently have to wait 15s or so, before engaging the next group.   Teamed I inevitably die because someone dove it too soon, people start dropping like flies, and my T9s have 10 or 15 more seconds to recharge, and take 10 seconds to execute and pull up full armor.  That's 25 seconds total, and if I'm solo, that's 25seconds between each pull.  Meanwhile Leroy has charged in and gotten the whole dang team wiped, I'm pulling up my armors, need 1.5 seconds to finish animating ..... *SPLAT*.   This happens so often it's just not even funny anymore.

"Guys, give me just a second to finish here.  Then I'll show you where to land on the <TEAM WIPE>"

"Uh, too late.  I was gonna say 'where to land on the beach and pull and separate so they don't insta-wipe us.'"

Squish                                                    Semi-Immortal

700 DPS ................ 400 DPS ................ 100 DPS

Scrapper   ###################

Brute                           ##################

Tank                                               ##################

Edited by Linea
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, Linea said:

Not really.  For standard content a 350 dps tank is very doable, but that tank in 4-Star hardmode wills squish like a grape.

Outside of T9s, the below conceptualizes what you're asking.

My scrapper cheats, pushes near the max dps for an armored scrapper build, but uses T9s to get away with it.  As a main-tank on 4-Star you will *NOT* have the luxury of using T9s, you have to be hardened 24/7 no gaps. The T9s can skew things, but also at a cost.   When I solo the 2-Star, I frequently have to wait 15s or so, before engaging the next group.   Teamed I inevitably die because someone dove it too soon, people start dropping like flies, and my T9s have 10 or 15 more seconds to recharge, and take 10 seconds to execute and pull up full armor.  That's 25 seconds total, and if I'm solo, that's 25seconds between each pull.  Meanwhile Leroy has charged in and gotten the whole dang team wiped, I'm pulling up my armors, need 1.5 seconds to finish animating ..... *SPLAT*.   This happens so often it's just not even funny anymore.

"Guys, give me just a second to finish here.  Then I'll show you where to land on the <TEAM WIPE>"

"Uh, too late.  I was gonna say 'where to land on the beach and pull and separate so they don't insta-wipe us.'"

Squish                                                    Semi-Immortal

700 DPS ................ 400 DPS ................ 100 DPS

Scrapper   ###################

Brute                           ##################

Tank                                               ##################

Yeah, I’ve given this SR/DM a run and a major issue it’s having is dealing damage to Elite Bosses and above. I’m thinking of scrapping (no pun intended) this AT for solo runs and and going for something else. But for a main tank, SR/DM in a good team ain’t so bad

Would a Dual Blades/Energy Aura scrapper be able to solo the new ITF at 2-stars if slotted right? 

Hi, 

This looks like a nice build. Here are some specific suggestions in no particular order:

image.png.a5847068114e5eec3174f62933138970.png

image.png.377a3efc8dbb7e0730f1418046113956.png

image.png.c9e2e278a224a820c79c61bda56e49d5.png

• You mix and match your defensive sets. You can save some slots by grouping them together.
    • Example: put Reactive Defense unique in Evasion with the other Reactive Defense. Put shield wall unique in focused fighting with other shield wall.
  • Rune of Protection isn't affected by recharge changes. You have resistance/recharge slotted there but can change it to Resistance. 2 +5 resistance IO should hit ED here.
  • Health / Stamina
    • I suggest moving numia's unique to health. And adding panacea unique to health. 
    • Stamina - see if you can add one more slot for power transfer chance to heal.
  • Soul drain - consider slotting this for damage instead of taunt. You can also add Gaussian's build up proc to this power, which should fire almost every time.
  • Combat jumping - Kismet set bonuses are meh. You could 4 slot this for shield wall, which provides a nice E/N resist and great + health bonus. If you really want S/L resist, try 5 slotting it with Luck of the Gambler
  • Tough - try to add Unbreakable guard +HP here
  • Have fun! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:32 AM, DRoddo said:

Would a Dual Blades/Energy Aura scrapper be able to solo the new ITF at 2-stars if slotted right? 

Maybe.  People don't build this way, because until now there's no reason to build this way, so there's no data.

Built my way armored heavier than a tank, I have EnM/Ena listed as 400 dps, and DB/Bio listed as 330, which probably translates to 300 on DB/EnA (on a full armor build, not an offensive build).   But, you also probably don't need to build entirely as durable as I do, but at the same time you definitely don't wan't to build to the dps proc-monster extreme.  These mobs have +defense so you'll end up swishing, and you're not going to be able to afford to lose that extreme level of durability, not solo.  Teamed you'd in theory be fine, if you nibble on the edges and soak up buffs.  I do the latter when I'm in my armor valleys, and I point in front of the tank when I'm at my armor peaks.

So back to the issue of 300 dps vs 400 dps ( when built for armor, not dps), mulitplied by all the multipliers ... Could I do a solo 2-star, maybe.  But odds are really good I'd have to overload more inspirations into email.

So, maybe.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:34 PM, Unclemarty said:

Hi, 

This looks like a nice build. Here are some specific suggestions in no particular order:

image.png.a5847068114e5eec3174f62933138970.png

image.png.377a3efc8dbb7e0730f1418046113956.png

image.png.c9e2e278a224a820c79c61bda56e49d5.png

• You mix and match your defensive sets. You can save some slots by grouping them together.
    • Example: put Reactive Defense unique in Evasion with the other Reactive Defense. Put shield wall unique in focused fighting with other shield wall.
  • Rune of Protection isn't affected by recharge changes. You have resistance/recharge slotted there but can change it to Resistance. 2 +5 resistance IO should hit ED here.
  • Health / Stamina
    • I suggest moving numia's unique to health. And adding panacea unique to health. 
    • Stamina - see if you can add one more slot for power transfer chance to heal.
  • Soul drain - consider slotting this for damage instead of taunt. You can also add Gaussian's build up proc to this power, which should fire almost every time.
  • Combat jumping - Kismet set bonuses are meh. You could 4 slot this for shield wall, which provides a nice E/N resist and great + health bonus. If you really want S/L resist, try 5 slotting it with Luck of the Gambler
  • Tough - try to add Unbreakable guard +HP here
  • Have fun! 🙂 

Wow, just goes to show how much of a horrible builder I am 🤦‍♂️

Ya got a good eye for this stuff, boss. Here's an updated build, do ya think this alright? 

Updated Ultra Instinct v2- Tanker (Super Reflexes).mxd

Edited by DRoddo

I'm not @Unclemarty but would let you know that personal preference on DM tanks is Avalanche in Dark Consumption...more target mitigation than the cone of Shadow Maul.  That would move SGF into the cone, which isn't terrible 😁.  I'd also change one of the Armageddons in Soul Drain to the damage proc.  Same set bonuses but extra damage.

• Like 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present