Really New to the Game - Praetorian Question

Ripstick

So I've got my Praetorian to level 20, and I chose Villain as my alignment since it fit RP wise. 

Question is once I got to Pocket I was able to just swap to whatever, hero, vigilante, villain, rogue.  I chose rogue so I could run blueside missions since the blueside has many more players. 

I asked a blue to invite me to a DFB but he said I was an enemy. 

What did I do wrong? Also, as a Praetorian, may I be a true hero or villain at will via Pocket D? 

Thank you!

• Like 1

Welcome!

Yes, as a Praetorian, you can become Hero, Vigilante, Rogue, or Villain at will once you reach Primal Earth via Null the Gull in Pocket D.  As a Rogue, you have to be in a blue side zone before being invited to a blue side team.  Were you in a co-op or red side zone when the invite was sent?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Welcome!

Yes, as a Praetorian, you can become Hero, Vigilante, Rogue, or Villain at will once you reach Primal Earth via Null the Gull in Pocket D.  As a Rogue, you have to be in a blue side zone before being invited to a blue side team.  Were you in a co-op or red side zone when the invite was sent?

That's exactly the problem, I was in a Red area.

Thank you, that clears it up for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, Ripstick said:

Also, as a Praetorian, may I be a true hero or villain at will via Pocket D?

Just reinforcing what Astralock stated:  within Homecoming, Null the Gull can change your status at any time.  We frequently have hero-blue players doing a quick visit to Null in order to aid a friend on the red side, and Villains will often visit Null to go vigilante for the teaming potential of the blue side when they can't find a team red side.   Note this is only in Homecoming.  Should you test the waters of another City of Heroes emulator, they may have Null the Gull, but they're likely still strapped to the old earn-your-way to another morality rating, which is quite time consuming.

Oh, and welcome Home!

Edited by Techwright

As convenient as the side switching stuff is now, you still have a few bugs to dodge.  They don't always happen, but sometimes...

• You might not be able to join a blue team as a Rogue if the leader is already inside a mission, even if you are in a blue zone.
  • You might get auto-kicked from a blue team as a Rogue if you visit an SG base, Ouroboros, Pocket D, or Cimerora, even though these are neutral zones.
  • On a mixed team the mission can't be set by the leader if some of the team is in Ouroboros.  This can happen on "Board Transit" missions because it's popular to open an O-Portal and use the portal in Ouro as the "transit" entrance instead of walking a few hundred yard to a train station. 🤪

I don't think any of this has ever happened to me on a Task/Strike Force, but on regular missions teams, yes.

If I think I have time, I'll hit Null the Gull to switch Rogue/Vigilante to match where the missions are being run.  If worried the team will fill, I'll send a tell first asking to wait for me to switch.  Also a good test.  Someone not willing to wait a minute for you to switch probably isn't much fun to team with either.  Most people are fine with it though.  Also a good idea to send a tell if you want to switch to a different character for that team.

• Thumbs Up 1