AT Powers: Fire Armor Vs Ice Armor (Temperature Protection Vs Permafrost)

spacer.png

Fire Armor (Temperature Protection) ^

spacer.png

Ice Armor (Permafrost) ^

SO, I was just wondering why these two abilities that are exactly the same (element resistances are reversed of course--correlating to their themes) have a base resistance difference of 2.50%; specifically, Temperature Protection's cold resistance is 2.50% less than Permafrost's fire resistance of 12.50%.

Mayhap Temperature Protection could receive a buff to its cold resistance to match that of Permafrost's 12.50%?  Across all ATs of course.  I don't see why not--I personally would like them both to be set to 15%, half of their primary theme resistance of 30%, but I'm also fine with them being the same at 12.50%.  It's a small difference BUT IT MATTERS TO ME OKAY?  Sorry...  ahem.  I rest my case your honors.

Edited by Mallador
Grammar
  • Like 2

Dunno. Looking at City of Data, Fiery Aura doesn't boost damage except with Fiery Embrace. And I would think having that power instead of another defensive power would be cost enough. The offensive powers in the armor already come at the cost of not having more defensive powers to fill those slots. So still looks to me like the values between those two powers should mirror each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

Frozen Armor also has a 2.50% resistance bonus over Fire Shield, but those abilities don't mirror each other in the slightest besides the Fire/Cold reduction so I'm not going after that (yet).  Also, yes Rudra, that's one of the reasons why I'm posting about this because there's no point in using offensive abilities if you're dying too fast--doesn't mean Fire Armor needs to be super tanky or anything though, which is why I think a 2.50% boost to mirror would be fine.

Fire Armor has also earned the name "Fire Farmer" for a reason... which makes me a little sad that that's all a lot of people use it for and associate it with.

EDIT:  Also, for the simple fact that the abilities are the exact same is why I wished they matched number-wise :V

Edited by Mallador

After talking to some friends I'm giving up on my cause to try and make the fire and cold resistance values the same--didn't know there'd be so much disagreement over 2.50%.  Trading defensive value for offensive value is a means to give any excuse not to increase the defensive capabilities of Fire Armor in anyway possible and I don't know how to counter that if that's the main standpoint people will keep to and use.  Thus, I give up.  I'll just continue to embrace Fire Armor and where it stands as of now.

Edited by Mallador