Removal of level caps for contacts?

Zenon

This is a bit of a problem for me, since I like to get my story in an order that makes sense without having to jump through hoops to get it. The story for this game is scattered piecemeal across all level ranges, which makes it hard to follow anything unless I make a bunch of alts to get to those contacts while they're in my level range or go wiki diving to piece things together - and on top of that, Ouroboros doesn't cover everything (as far as I know, I could be wrong in that regard) and anything you do there doesn't have an effect on the outside world anyway. Would it be feasible to remove level caps for contacts for better immersion into the story?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

We already had this discussion. Some factions don't scale up high enough and other factions don't scale down enough. And it is not simply a question of combat level, but also power availability. Further, all story arcs are in Ouroboros, including story arcs that have been replaced. Just not all missions since there are a lot of filler missions. (Edit: And the original starter missions in Atlas Park are not in Ouroboros either.)

Edited by Rudra

The alternative that I'd love to see would be for all contacts to offer you missions regardless of your level but accepting a mission would auto exemp you to the appropriate level. Ouroboros is a great way of running story arcs solo but it's limited as a platform for casual teaming. If you could auto exemp to a contacts level in the outside game it would allow others to freely join and leave as you go along. It would also open up all the non story arc missions that contacts have that aren't available through ouroboros.

• Thumbs Up 6

I would love an auto-exemping feature so I can avoid Ouroboros. My biggest problem with Ouroboros is that if someone is recruiting for a TF/trial/whatever I'm interested, I need to drop the Ouro "arc" and start it again afterwards

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

The way contacts work, you would still have to go to Ouroboros. Contacts can only give their missions/arcs once. The auto-exemping would just let you finish their respective missions/arcs the first time.

Yep, I would love to see this as well.  Should have an option to mark a contact finished if you don't want to follow up on some of the random filler missions.