/end_chat

To my knowledge we don't currently have something quite like this. If I'm mistaken, please enlighten me.

We already have a /beginchat command which is useful for many things. Any chance we could get one for /endchat so we could bind that into commonly used keys (like movement) such as [up "endchat$$+forward"] to avoid such errors?

62430613_10214452667010223_708535725414416384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeH81qGTgO0n9xDkZRbJQfx_Ax1WLG6NkPrr5P02L8t5oCIXGJuT90I8pdXT-4s8Xx9WUd-X_0hqsrPG_x9atXtlK2xDbun5SG_kIOBColqqbw&_nc_oc=AQnLfsJKNUf-NkmPwraTga8R0sYOrm0Uye1sARxT4O0fXiJsfJWHHn4cCLUiX5ge1vJFfKXULO3aIlkvAfRH3NF1&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.fna&oh=a05fad6da2d386ab3ddfe94bc0e0dcc6&oe=5D535951

Personally I'm arrows instead of WASD, so mine is usually repeating something I said recently, but 111111111111 happens from time to time also since it cycles my attack rotation.

ould be ueful, but then ht if you nted to ctully y omething tht h the letter , , , or  in it?

See how big of a problem that would be?

(For reference, that should read "Would be useful, but then what if you wanted to actually say something that has the letters W, A, S, or D in it?")

Starting chat completely overrides all keybindings, since they're being used for chat input. So no amount of /binding a key to /endchat is actually going to trigger it while chat is active. testable: Page Down has no use while chatting but if you try to press it to reset your camera while chatting, nothing happens. Same with TAB for switching targets.

In theory someone could modify the chat interface to clear itself and end input on a certain key, but all of the common ones are out for the reason above. (including the cursor keys, some people like to use them to move the cursor) Certain system keys like ALT or TAB could be used, but that doesn't actually fix your problem of automating getting rid of the wwwwwwww, since you have to notice you're doing it and trigger it yourself. And of course this would require some programmer time for an incomplete solution to a pretty minor problem.

The alternative is making your binds trigger while chatting, which is definitely undesirable.