Strong feelings on page 4 changes

Zect

I don't post normally, but I was told the forums are where to give feedback, so here it is.

I love page 4, and all the changes in it. I don't think paragon studios ever released an issue that made me this excited (maaaaybe power customization came close), so great work. I enjoyed the new customization options, AE improvements, addition of merits to itrials, sonic attack revamp, and advanced difficulty ITF. This last I was really skeptical about at first, however having actually played it, I think it's exceeded all expectations. I like how the mechanics discourage splitting up and soloing, without making it completely impossible in the event it makes tactical sense to do so.

There are two changes which are not headline features, but which I think are very positive for the game, and which I'd like to give some extra love:

Firstly, the attack typing changes. I think now there's more of a tradeoff between complete invulnerability and offense than there was before, and more ways for critters to hurt PC's. Designing high-def builds that tank a wide variety of damage types is also a refreshing challenge compared to slapping on scorp shield and some kinetic combats for the thousandth time and calling it a day.

Secondly, the removal of empyrean <> reward merit conversion. The value of the empyreans is so great that until very late in vet level progression, they far exceed the value of the loot and drops from any content that can be run to get those vet levels, which severely distorts loot acquisition rates between different players. Empyreans from vet levels (as implemented by SCORE) always struck me as an optional path to incarnate progression that doesn't involve grinding out itrials or DA, and I think it's best they remain that, and nothing more.

Challenging content, a diverse endgame and metagame, and balanced character power progression are all necessary for the long-term success of every game. Given that I saw excel at 3 red dots for the first time ever yesterday, I think the players agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Hugs

I do like the many awesome changes in the game, it was really a step up, it brought the feel of challenge we had during live days! It is great when players, actually say "We better use group tactics, kite mobs, and what not if we are going to survive this"

I do have a recommendation for the ITF difficulty levels with regards to Prismatic salvage, instead of making them a nothing or all deal, perhaps as you complete each stage of the arc you are awarded a number of prismatic salvage, for example at 4 star difficulty you get 20 prismatic salvage, so if my recommendation is used, each stage would award 5 prismatic salvage, this way if the arc fails because of any number of reasons, players do not leave totally empty handed. Also in the last arc with Romulus, it takes too long, its tedious, perhaps instead of having the shield nictus always re-spawning, limit them to a fix number per say three, like the traitor ambushes, once you get past the ambushes and shielders, you can finish the stage in a reasonable amount of time. This is more of a QoL, I been in several 4 star that after 3 hours folks just gave up, one time we already defeated Romulus 2 out of the 3 times, but real life seldom allows us to be playing the game without stop for over 3 hours and that is what I am asking for relief for.

Hugs

Sue

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1