Build Request: TW/Fire Brute (Non-Farm)

TWillard

I've been running a TW/Fire Brute for  a while and want to increase her killing power. I don't use her for fire farming, mostly rolling with my 5 member thick supergroup. (Wow, huge numbers on that roll call, right?)

She's only 23rd level right now, and a lot of fun to play, but I kinda want to get her killing time on better.

I know there's been a lot of changes to the game in the last 2 years since I logged in last, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me. She's cash short, so no fancy IO tricks up front (maybe later).

I'd appreciate any advice anyone feels up to putting out.

IOs are gonna change her life, but let's start elsewhere...

You've got a secondary that is resistance based and with a heal and endurance tool that works on a click, so you are going to want as much recharge as you can get.  On the other hand, you have a relatively slow and endurance heavy primary, so you need to make sure that you have enough endurance to run things at a faster pace.

I'm assuming you are slotting with SOs at 23.  I'm not going to tell you which powers to take or how many slots to give them.  But I will suggest that you slot your attacks with accuracy, damage, endurance reduction, damage, recharge reduction, damage in that order.  On SOs you can probably slot your resistance powers with an endurance reduction and one or two damage resistance SOs.  Slot your heal and endurance tool with as much recharge as you can!

Now, IO-wise (in order of effect and cost):

You're going to get a lot of bang for the buck with Force Feedback chance for recharge proc.  They are cheap (1-2mm) and will be well placed in any of your AoE powers with knockdown (Titan Sweep for now, Whirling Smash and Arc when you get them.

If you two-slot your resistance armors with Unbreakable Guard (Resistance and Res/End) you get an endurance discount on everything you do.  If you four-slot them (add the Res/Rech and the Res/End/Rech) you get melee defense that works well with the help you get from your Defensive Sweep attack.  These are generally in the 3-5mm range each.

Speaking of Defensive Sweep, eventually you can put a Luck of the Gambler +recharge in there that will give you a recharge bonus as well as enhance the defense of the power.  Don't pay more than 5-6mm.

Burn will be a game changer when you get it.  Not really for the damage it causes, but it is an incredible vehicle for procs.  You want to make sure you have accuracy, but after that I would add:  knockdown in the form of Overwhelming Force proc (8-10mm) OR Avalanche proc (20mm+).  These are pricy, but basically either one means that when you cast Burn everyone around you will fall down, meaning they cannot run and they cannot hurt you for a few seconds.  Then add the Fury of the Gladiator proc (7-9mm) and it will reduce everyone's damage resistance for the next ten seconds.  These aren't guaranteed of course, but each proc is going to have a 50-80% chance to proc on each foe that gets hit.

As for the costs, you'll start earning inf before you know it, but also look at the giveaway in my signature.  I'll give you (or anyone) 20mm inf for absolutely no good reason whatsoever to get you going.

Good luck!

• Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

On 9/22/2022 at 4:55 AM, TWillard said:

I've been running a TW/Fire Brute for  a while and want to increase her killing power. I don't use her for fire farming, mostly rolling with my 5 member thick supergroup. (Wow, huge numbers on that roll call, right?)

She's only 23rd level right now, and a lot of fun to play, but I kinda want to get her killing time on better.

I know there's been a lot of changes to the game in the last 2 years since I logged in last, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me. She's cash short, so no fancy IO tricks up front (maybe later).

I'd appreciate any advice anyone feels up to putting out.

At 23, you'd not be using it for fire farming anyway 😛

At the level stated, its not important to focus on killing power.  Its more important to focus on leveling.  Let your teammates focus more on the damage.  You don't even have burn and other offensive set powers yet.  

So again just focus on leveling and keeping in mind what your post level 50 game play goals are to be and learning to play with your teammates in such respects accordingly as you level.

Think on leveling as earning your belts in karate learning the most fundamental basics BUT then understanding that getting to blackbelt means you've internalized said utter basics and its from there the real learning starts to occur(ie in game post 50).

So with all that said, and your saying that she's cash strapped, just use basic Invention Origin enhancements(not sets) and until 50.  As for giving you a build to work with, that's tougher to do because we can give you basic build considerations for whilst you level but you're going to have times of challenges(end, certain damage type mobs you encounter, no knowing your team's holes/weaknesses etc etc).   Just be judicious with your choices since as you know, you cant take everything and cant slot up fully everything.  Make good choices with your power pool as well to help bolster your defenses/resistances(leadership/Fighting pools), leaping's combat jumping and jump for travel, Speed's hasten, and then 35 on consider what you want to do concerning epic/patron pool sets(if anything, you may choose otherwise depending again on your goals).

And then once 50, start deciding on the post 50 build you want to have and then IO sets/ATO set choices you want to start investing in.  

But again, all in all, just focus on gen pop leveling.

• Thumbs Up 1