Have They Changed How the Halloween Event Works?

Arnabas

So, I haven't really played much recently due to work and home issues, but I logged in tonight and figured I would do some trick or treating. I don't remember there being any special requirements in the past, but I did notice in the notes for this year that we should go to a "level appropriate zone." I have done so, but every door I click just says "You Cannot Enter." 

Is there something different this year?

As far as I know it’s always been that way.  That’s my recollection from last year, at least.  So if you’re level 50, Peregrine Island or Kallisti are the places to ToT.  If you’re lower than that, check the level ranges at a tram.

You can also exemp/sidekick to the appropriate level, which is part of why everyone tends to ToT in PI—after joining a league.  And it’s why PI teams that end up with lower level team leaders (usually, when a 50 team lead drops) break trick-or-treating.

ETA: The Paragon Wiki archive’s description of ToT door knocking mechanics includes the requirement that the zone be level-appropriate:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Halloween_Event/Trick_or_Treat

Edited by Zhym
  • Thumbs Up 1

Atlas and Mercy (and maybe Nova Praetoria? I have no idea if the Cole Regime allows this kind of supernatural tomfoolery!) are off limits to ToT'ing.

Every other zone, if you would get experience street sweeping, you should be able to do Trick or Treating there.  If you've outleveled a zone's street mobs, then you need to move to the next zone 'up'.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!