Force Field revamp

Wavicle

I am really enjoying playing the new Force Field set!

It's great to have debuffs on my spammable soft controls. It's great to have my repel field of a size that's useful with shorter range teammates, and it's nice having it at 18 instead of 32. I like the final bubble for the extra cushion against debuffs.

Now we just need a couple small changes to the remaining powers and the set will be really, really solid.

The remaining problem is that the last two powers in need of love are both no help to the team in most situations AND are somewhat redundant, one turtling yourself, the other turtling an enemy.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Take 5% (Defender values) of the unenhanceable Res to All out of the Personal Force Field toggle and put it in a passive (you can call it Reinforcement Field) that you get just for owning the toggle. So when the toggle is up you have the same Def and Res as always, but the rest of the time you get a small unenhanceable Resistance bonus to cushion those attacks that get through your other defenses.

2. Make Detention Field functional in a team setting in some way. Here are a few possible ideas:

a. Make it a single target Hold.

b. Make it a single target Immobilize, Slow, -ToHit, -Damage, -Special debuff.

c. Make recasting it on a target remove the cage.

d. Get rid of it and add a "tractor" drop power instead.

e. Some combination of the above ideas.

Once these two powers are addressed I think the set will be pretty much perfect!

• Like 1