Let MM Pets Retain Names

Rudra

Okay, this may seem confusing, but I have an issue with the pet rename function. While I can rename my pets anything I want up to the character limit, those names are not retained if they are shared.

For instance, I want my bots on one of my MMs to be Combat Drones, Sentinel Drones, and I have not yet decided on the Assault Bot's type. I can rename all my Battle Drones to Combat Drones, and they will remain that way with the differentiating number affixed to them. Great. That is what I want. However, when I have to re-summon for any reason, only 1 retains the Combat Drone designator, and the rest revert to Battle Drones. Same thing with the Protector Bots being called Sentinel Drones. Rename them? They stay renamed, until re-summoned.

Is it possible to set MM pets to be able to share the same name? (I would just name them Combat Drone 1, Combat Drone 2, and so on, but I run up against the character limit.) Or can we have the character limit raised so more naming options are available to us?

Edit: I can't even rename them to default. I tried renaming my Battle Drones as Battle Drones again and they still summon as Combat Drone and Battle Drone. What the hell?!

Edited by Rudra
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Huh, I know I've heard of some folk having this problem on occasion, but all my pets have always retained the names I've given them.  I haven't ever tried to name some of them the same thing though.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝