Mobius: Full Circle republished [ID: 52954]

cranebump

image.png.e7ece08b7794f74ca62e073306d7901b.png

image.png.b16a2277316372636d8c7cbca635db27.png

Mish #1=removed burning AP map. Went for something smaller and simpler.

No timer. Scaredy-cats everywhere may now rejoice.:-)

Seems to be okay, but you'll have to let me know. 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

P.S. Updated Comrade text in Hollow Victory to account for actually rescuing him. Rather than him being dead, he's in a coma. 

Small victories...:-)

Mobius 4 is about halfway done (mishes 1-3 done and tested). Opening seems solid. Just mulling over options for 4-5. It's possible to end this one at 4, with something of a cliffhanger, but not sure about that yet.

Speaking of what awaits in 4:

*The return of characters from Ordinary People (mainly as background characters).

*The first onscreen appearance of The Five.

*The story of the Mobius Strip.

And maybe more. I'm still mulling. Thanks to those who've stuck with it thus far.

Edited by cranebump
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

1 hour ago, cranebump said:

image.png.e7ece08b7794f74ca62e073306d7901b.png

image.png.b16a2277316372636d8c7cbca635db27.png

Mish #1=removed burning AP map. Went for something smaller and simpler.

No timer. Scaredy-cats everywhere may now rejoice.:-)

Seems to be okay, but you'll have to let me know. 

I might redo that first mission later, as a Director's Cut sort of thing.

I ran the first mission (won't have time to do the rest until after election day), and it's definitely less frustrating.  I'll admit, though, that it feels a little less clearly "end of the world" than the original version.  But there's only so much that can be done within AE, and the story changes to support the new map work, IMO.

Yeah, it fixes the original issues by relocating to a different map that's pristine. There's a base on fire map from the Lockhart mission in there somewhere that might've been better as far as atmosphere, but I want that first mish to be quick and to establish some clue to the bigger devastation. Objective spawn points are easy peazy (though I limited them to 2 required ones, 2 optional ones, and the 1 triggered objective). Wasn't sure how hard to make the first Boss. Just wanted to intimate what they can do, so that the end mish text has an in-game referent. For my incarnate blaster, it all depended on whether a mez landed. Since I was in test mode, and not running in invulnerable mode, I could held and ganked. If I'd had Insps, I think the initial boss would be pretty easy. I'll have to see how it is with a plain ol' non-IO'ed toon. 

So, I'd say it's...it's okay, I guess. Gets to the next mish. Players won't get lost, etc. I DO wish the map had more body bags I could spread around, though.:-)

• Thumbs Up 1