Unlock Arbiter Leery

Astralock

This is a selfish suggestion and I doubt that it will go anywhere, but it can’t hurt to ask: Remove the first and second Treespec badge requirements from Arbiter Leery.  All of the other unlockable red side contacts can be unlocked solo, (even the Ghost of Scrapyard defeat badge for Crimson Revenant).

Trying to form a PUG first or second treespec even on Excelsior when they are the WST is like trying to pull teeth.  I have never gotten more than five people for them, and half the time I can’t even get three people.

I would just like to be able to do Arbiter Leery’s story arc without spending over a half hour recruiting for a second Treespec when it’s the WST, only to get four people, and then have it fail because we can’t take down the vines in time…

Edited by Astralock

7 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

I have a hard time believing you can crank out enough damage to solo a GM, but not enough to handle the thorn tree.

You can use Incarnates including Interface and Lore pets on a GM, not so much a first or second Treespec.  Not to mention having more powers.

11 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Also, vines respawn if you don't kill them fast enough, which can cause problems if you're trying too do it with a smaller team.

Exactly.  I have multiple failed runs with three to five people under my belt because of that.  The last one was with a Fortunata, Scrapper, two Defenders and a Controller.  It took over a half hour to just get that many.  When it came time for the vines, a Defender and Controller ignored instructions to not stand in front of the tree and were repeatedly killed as a result.  The remaining three of us just couldn’t keep the vines down.

I am just really tired of struggling for people for the first or second Treespec even during peak hours when it’s the WST, and sometimes not getting enough to start or failing just so I can unlock and solo a story arc.