Sellin SG Bases for Inf?

Etched

I was reading a post by Attache, who is looking for someone to help build a SG Base on Everlast and something Attache had put about saving inf to pay for a base. So, I ask. Has anyone ever charged or taken payment for working on a base for someone?

If so, how much did you charge?

@Etched    

Edited by Etched

2 hours ago, Etched said:

I was reading a post by Attache, who is looking for someone to help build a SG Base on Everlast and something Attache had put about saving inf to pay for a base. So, I ask. Has anyone ever charged or taken payment for working on a base for someone?

If so, how much did you charge?

@Etched    

I know that there has been discussion on the forums about it and I've seen at least one base builder who makes amazing bases and then "sells" it and the SG for influence with bidding usually starting at 500,000,000 influence so I don't know how much it actually ends up costing or how common it is or even if it is common at all. 

@Attache on Everlasting (Formely Virtue and Pinnacle)

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Blue Weasel || Big League || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter ||  Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

1 hour ago, Etched said:

I honestly couldn't name all the bases i've worked on and 10 times out of 10, I was the one offering to do it. I never expected payment just a thank you. Hmmm, maybe I shoud start charging more for what I do...

Maybe 2 thank yous

@Etched

I'd give you three Thank Yous if you can tell me if what I'm looking for is at all doable. I know enough about base building to know it would probably mean building some kind of fake skyline from stuff and there probably isn't a way to do that on four sides but even two sides would probably make it a little labor intensive.

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Blue Weasel || Big League || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter ||  Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

It is doable, that I know for sure. I have done a 10 story buildin for the Doomed Sg and over the Halloween event I stumbled into a base that impressed me and I don't get that impressed over bases anymore. That base was Pinks. I don't know who the architect is but they did an amazing job. Pinks base has the skyline that you loonin for, however, it was not a city skyline like PI but more like Croatoa.

The biggest part of it is the time to take on a project like that. Something I personally don't have just yet. Currently workin on the Losers base on Torch and I also have a side project base with @Bunny Love and after that I may actually play the game as intended.

But, if you are lookin for a quick fix I do have a SG on Everlast that I'm willin to let you have. SG name is Addicted and the base is pretty nice but not close to my best work.

2 thanks, please.

@Etched

• Thanks 1

I sold a base I had on live when I was moving a character from one server to another. The guy that bought it I think gave me 50 or 70 million inf for it. This was when prestige was still a thing and it had taken some time to build the base as I was a solo toon on that server. 

I recently created a base for someone else (it's on the Show Off thread on the end of page 28) after they asked for a builder on here a few months back. While we all enjoy building bases, you are in fact paying for someone's time. I'd have to be in a real mood to do another commission anytime soon. I got away from base building for most of the year after completing my "city base" earlier this year. It took a good three months to build and I was a bit burned out. 

I accepted a reasonable offer for the base I did recently, and the person I did it for ended up "tipping" me more because they were so pleased. A win-win. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CaptA said:

I recently created a base for someone else (it's on the Show Off thread on the end of page 28) after they asked for a builder on here a few months back. While we all enjoy building bases, you are in fact paying for someone's time. I'd have to be in a real mood to do another commission anytime soon. I got away from base building for most of the year after completing my "city base" earlier this year. It took a good three months to build and I was a bit burned out. 

I'm workin on a base no that is a city scape. I'd love to take a look if you have the basecode for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Etched said:

I'm workin on a base no that is a city scape. I'd love to take a look if you have the basecode for it.

Happy to give you a tour. I'll have to send a code later. It's on Excelsior. EDIT: found the code GIANTS-18986

Here's a link from the beginning of the year. It's complete now. 

Edited by CaptA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey. 

I build and sell rp-style bases on Everlasting. I don't take commissions, but you can check out my discord. There's a base in construction now with a completion date in December. 

My listings are in the Everlasting Server portion of forums if you want to have a look. I think there are 5-6 sold base listings there.

https://discord.gg/XgVYQuj3

Edited by PotatoLove
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Etched said:

It is doable, that I know for sure. I have done a 10 story buildin for the Doomed Sg and over the Halloween event I stumbled into a base that impressed me and I don't get that impressed over bases anymore. That base was Pinks. I don't know who the architect is but they did an amazing job. Pinks base has the skyline that you loonin for, however, it was not a city skyline like PI but more like Croatoa.

The biggest part of it is the time to take on a project like that. Something I personally don't have just yet. Currently workin on the Losers base on Torch and I also have a side project base with @Bunny Love and after that I may actually play the game as intended.

But, if you are lookin for a quick fix I do have a SG on Everlast that I'm willin to let you have. SG name is Addicted and the base is pretty nice but not close to my best work.

2 thanks, please.

@Etched

One thank you is in the reactions! Here's two more: Thank you, Thank you!

Unfortunately, I want the base under the name of an existing SG. A buddy of mine started it and even though he faded, I wanted to take a run at the SG in his absence - actually build his missing character's absence into our mythos - and try to recruit from there. I am thinking that having a fun, functional base semi-up and running from the start would be best as I don't want to place the burden on a new member and I am hopeless at it.

I don't believe you are hopeless at it, just inexperienced. If you have an empty sg, now would be the time to learn it. 75% of any build is TIME. The other 25% is learnin the keys to help you. Which Impish Kat gives a complete guide of key commands in their post Base Faq and Dacy does a great job with video instructions. After you get the basics down you may realize you are quite capable of doing what you want.

@Etched

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Etched said:

I don't believe you are hopeless at it, just inexperienced. If you have an empty sg, now would be the time to learn it. 75% of any build is TIME. The other 25% is learnin the keys to help you. Which Impish Kat gives a complete guide of key commands in their post Base Faq and Dacy does a great job with video instructions. After you get the basics down you may realize you are quite capable of doing what you want.

@Etched

On another character, I started what is meant to be just a small apartment-style base as a kind of tutorial and I have been looking at Dacy's videos but it is really slow going. Like I said, whatever gene there is that allows you to enjoy it, I lack it. To me, it feels like pulling teeth.

But I intend to keep trying. Maybe a switch will get thrown in my head.

• Like 1

I have sold more then a few Rooms for inf here and there and a base or 2 But Its not that common I think. for me mostly people I play with who like to hang out in one of the bases I made will ask if I will make something for them, most the time I will. If i'm feeling burnt out or don't want to many people to ask i'll charge often 500 mill inf for a room. I have only charged for 5 ish rooms on HC, But if you got well known in the community and did not charge a lot i'm sure you could make a good amount of inf every month doing it.

• Like 1