bisawen

Completely new to binds.

I am trying to simply do this:

/bind 4 “targetenemynear$$pow_exec_name Crippling Axe Kick” 

And it says unknown command "targetenemynear

So then I just tried:

/bind 4 “powexec_name Crippling Axe Kick” 

And it says unknown command "powexec_name

Why does my game not like these commands?

In your first example, its “target_enemy_near” (yours was missing thr underscores) and it's powexec_name (yours had an extraunderscore)

The 2nd example should have worked I think...double check your spelling?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Underscores are ignored by the command processor; you can use them or not, as they help you parse someofthelongercommandnames. There isn't even a standard 'spelling' with them: powexectoggleon, pow_exec_toggle_on and powexec_toggle_on are all equivalent. Underscores are stripped out; the letters remaining have to be correct, though.

Not sure if a double underscore will be ignored. Have to test. ETA: Yup, scads of underscores, even in series, are just ignored.

OP, I suspect you're mistyping your bind commands. All those you list should work. I refer you to the Technical Guide for comprehensive, updated information: http://www.dgath.com/coh/

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Underscores are ignored by the command processor; you can use them or not, as they help you parse someofthelongercommandnames. There isn't even a standard 'spelling' with them: powexectoggleon, pow_exec_toggle_on and powexec_toggle_on are all equivalent. Underscores are stripped out; the letters remaining have to be correct, though.

Not sure if a double underscore will be ignored. Have to test. ETA: Yup, scads of underscores, even in series, are just ignored.

OP, I suspect you're mistyping your bind commands. All those you list should work. I refer you to the Technical Guide for comprehensive, updated information: http://www.dgath.com/coh/

Good to know about the underscores Shenanigunner, thanks!  +1 inf

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting