Looking for Necro/Dark builds after the update.

oneshoeboxer

This is NOT a +Def build.  This is a PvP build.  I'm posting this thing to give ya some ideas on slotting.  As you can see, I'm going for +Range, +HP, +Rech, +Recovery, and +Regen, via set bonuses and Uniques.  I'm not ignoring +Def here, I'm just not shooting for it.  Additionally, If I was to change one thing on this build, I would place a Theft of Essence: Chance for +End in Twilight Grasp.  I would place this Theft of Essence in place of the Touch of the Nictus proc.   As you can imagine, I run into End problems with this build when hit with -End attacks.  Its more the 6 toggles I run more than anything else.

Every proc has been tested and confirmed working in RV.  I know some of the Unique placements seem odd, but they all cater towards my needs.

I think that a Def build coupled with the -ToHit of all the attacks would absolutely rock in PVE.  But as with all Defensive builds, you would have to gimp yourself in other areas in order to achieve good Defensive numbers.

Merry Christmas.

Edit:  I placed the Theft of Essence in Twilight Grasp and have noticed a big difference in my Endurance bar.  I am now using Twilight Grasp to fill my Endurance and health.  Not to mention the debuffs it casts.

Necro.Dark dueler2.mxd

Edited by bellona100
Slotting update
  • Like 1

I’m far away from my system with Mids/builds. That said, welcome back!

Recommend that the key to a solid Necro/dark build is recharge: enough to get Soul Extraction as close to perma as possible as well as have Tar Patch and Howling Twilight up as much as possible. At least 80% global + hasten is a good initial target, but more is really better. Second step is to get all 6 pet uniques slotted. I agree with @bellona100 re defense. To that, Personal defenses don’t need more than mid-20s with all the -ToHit. It’s certainly not worth building to soft cap. 

The new Soul Extraction makes Necro a ridiculous damage powerhouse IF you can keep your pets alive. Here is a link to the new changes. And there are a bunch. Also, check out @Force Redux’s Dark Miasma guide, stickied at top, for a recap of the secondary powers. This was not affected by the patch. 

Minimal slotting for any 2 of the 3 personal attacks (I skip Life Drain bc Twilight Grasp is a more useful heal for self AND pets that also reduces regen). For the attacks, they proc poorly - low chance - and cost too much endurance. Purpose is to summon your taunt ghosts. Keep ‘em up and move on to other controls/debuffs, and moving your pets to selected targets. 

For incarnates, either Alpha: Musculature or Intuition radial (for damage - good for pets, the -ToHit, and either immobilize or holds depending on what you took in your patron/ancillary). Barrier let’s your pets go totally 28 Days Later, but Clarion can be very helpful in some circumstances. Any damage proc for interactive - degenerative if big game hunting, reactive otherwise.  If you’re stressing the debuff aspect, it sometimes can be nice to have diamagnetic for -ToHit) or paralytic (-dam) as options.

Hybrid - Support rules, but Control radial ( only if you took an immobilize - and if so, may as well take reactive spectral as well) makes you a black cloud of control effects between you, that Lich, and the Dark Servant. Basically, fear + immobilize = stun. Sweet!

Speaking of patron/ancillary selections, Soul rocks. Bonfire abuse is always fun, no lie. But I keep coming back to Soul for how much it builds on all the things your secondary, Lich, and Dark Servant already do. Howling Twilight with Oppressive Gloom is a thing of beauty. This + control hybrid procs and you’re stunning EBs. Mace/Ice isn’t worth the shield. MMs have the highest functional resistance of any AT because of bodyguard. With capped resistances (75%) and max BG mode (6 pets all on defensive), a MM has an effective resistance of 95.75% - greater than either a tank or brute. Some mid-level defenses, lots of -ToHit, and Twilight Grasp firing every power activation, you’re essentially immortal in almost all areas of the game. Between your pets (including Dark Servant) and your own powers, you can stack -ToHit up above -150 on even level mobs in 5-6 seconds. That’s quite a little more than anyone needs. Quiet shout-out to Mu for the energy resists in the shield (layers with Shadowfall) and a targeted immobilize. The -end does nothing impressive with the primary or secondary though.

Again, welcome back and have fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.