City Chat Watcher

• City Council

Someone mentioned in Discord last week that it would be nice to have notifications for specific words in chat, so I set out to make that happen.  I present City Chat Watcher:
cCSYsxiXmHoPWLo?x=3432&y=965&a=true&file

Point the tool at your logs directory, add words to the watch list, select if you want popup notifications (Sadly.. these will likely pop up over your power trays I'm working on it) and / or a sound to play.  You can add extra sounds to the Sounds folder as well.

Download here https://cityofheroes.dev/link.php?id=1 As usual, the program is unsigned, as I can't afford a code signing cert, so you'll likely have to tell Windows Smart Screen to allow you to run it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was just talking about this capability to friends this week! Crazy coincidence!

I was saying it would be nice to have a chat filter like they have in Warframe. Very cool feature. 

I have no idea if this little app will work on a Mac, but I'm going to try!

Thanks, Michiyo! 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later
  • City Council

Hmm, I wonder if I somehow left a debug statement in there...  I shall poke it. Thanks for the report

So yeah, found the issue, I left some debug code in, sadly however I also discovered an issue that effects saving settings.  When you update it's going to make you re-set all of your settings, I'll need to fix this in *another* update which will of course, cause all settings to reset.

Edited by Michiyo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later

First run, had a hiccup. The requested location it asked for, and it still flew this flag. Thought you'd like to know. It's running now after closing that and resetting the location of the files it's requesting but it tripped me up for a minute there.

image.png.b36d4d7fcd9e80b4ad008059bfa69e66.png

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

• City Council
4 hours ago, Crystal Dragon said:

First run, had a hiccup. The requested location it asked for, and it still flew this flag. Thought you'd like to know. It's running now after closing that and resetting the location of the files it's requesting but it tripped me up for a minute there.

image.png.b36d4d7fcd9e80b4ad008059bfa69e66.png

Where exactly did you point it the first time? Just the root of the install directory, or some sub directory?

4 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Where exactly did you point it the first time? Just the root of the install directory, or some sub directory?

Yep to the logs like it instructed and it didn't identify the coh.exe in the directory. It's working now, but it flew that flag the minute I launched the app past windows safety watch.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif