WP: Heightened Senses

Xandyr

Greetings,

After playing and respeccing my WP Tank (numerous times), something dawned on me. Why is it that I can delve into the Fighting Pool and pick up Weave, and get MORE defense (to all btw), than a PRIMARY POWER (Heightened Senses) gives? This makes no sense.

While I appreciate the fact that Heightened Senses also gives +Perception, the Defense it gives is approximately 2.7% LESS than Weave. Slotted with the EXACT same IOs, Heightened Senses give 5.2% Defense (S/L/F/C/E/N.E) while Weave gives 7.9% Defense to ALL. Is the extra 500' of Perception worth it? If your Perception is increased that much, shouldn't it affect your Accuracy or To Hit?

I propose that Heightened Senses stay as is, with the exception of offering +4% (or +6%) to To Hit or +8% (or +10%) to Accuracy. OR, bump up the base Defense values of Heightened Senses from 3.3% to 5% to match Weave's numbers (after all, shouldn't a PRIMARY power have better values than a Power Pool?).

Personally, I like the added To Hit or Accuracy myself.

Thoughts?

- X

Edited by Xandyr
stood corrected on Defense Values

You're not reading something right.

Base (for a tanker) Heightened Senses provides 3.3% defense to Smashing and Lethal but 13% to F/C/E/N.

Weave provides 5% defense to all.  So Heightened Senses is significantly better than weave at F/C/E/N defense, which is the primary thing it's supposed to be good at.

What this team needs is more Defenders

38 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

You're not reading something right.

Base (for a tanker) Heightened Senses provides 3.3% defense to Smashing and Lethal but 13% to F/C/E/N.

Weave provides 5% defense to all.  So Heightened Senses is significantly better than weave at F/C/E/N defense, which is the primary thing it's supposed to be good at.

Yep. You're right. I didn't look past the S/L values. My bad.

But I still think the + To Hit  or +Accuracy would thematically fit the power.