What you wanted to know about Bio, but never asked

Xandyr

Hey all!

So, a little background info. When HC brought our beloved game back, I was ecstatic. On Live, my main was a Fire/Rad troller. I mainly played it and MMs, Corrs, and with the occasional Scrapper thrown in. I never really played Tanks. So when the Game came back to life, I said to myself that I would branch out and try new things. I went to the Test server and debated. I finally chose a Tank, and I went with 2 powersets I had never tried nor knew nothing about...Bio Armor and Rad Melee.

To say the least, I was impressed. Perhaps it was because this was the first tank that I really ever played. Perhaps it was because I didn't have any experience with either powerset. Whatever it may have been, I was shocked. I could survive anything, and the damage wasn't subpar (as I expected it to be). I did good damage, and couldn't be killed. I didn't know why, and I didn't understand. I have since played MANY Tanks, with all sorts of different combinations of power sets. The Tank AT is, as a whole, what it is meant to be....and then some. Unless you're doing something absolutely freakin' ridiculous, or under a ton of debuff, there's a 90% chance you're not gonna faceplant. And in those instances, at least in my own experiences, you deserve to. I've done Bio, Invuln, Fire, Dark, SR, Electric, WP, Ice, Rad, and Shield all to 50. I played a Stone Brute on Live and remember that you pretty much HAD to have a /Kin on your team, so I have not done Stone to 50 (yet). All of my tanks, the (few) times I have faceplanted, I deserved it. I was either not paying attention, had too many Defense Debuffs on me, or was seriously pushing the envelope to see how far I could take it.

At the time, I didn't understand Bio. I just rolled with it because it felt....strong (and pretty!). After some time, I read on the forums that the best armor for Scrappers, Brutes, and Sents was Bio. Tanks that wanted to focus on damage also took Bio. So....I thought that maybe I needed to revisit this powerset. I searched, and never could find an actual guide or any help strictly dedicated to Bio. Sure, there's all kinds of builds out there for Bio/This, Bio/That, etc etc. On mine, i focused on IOs that boosted Max HP, Max Regen, then focused on Defense. I thought that's all that mattered, since Bio states it offers a fair amount of regeneration. Now, I realize that 2 people can take the exact same primary/secondary powerset and build it totally different from the other. That's one of the things I've always loved about this game. The different options available, the different thought processes that go into building a toon, the different bonuses you can chase, etc. I figured since I have some knowledge of Bio, I would attempt my best to put it out there. Perhaps someone will find it useful. If not, then I at least helped myself by understanding it a bit more.

So, without further ado, here's what you wanted to know about Bio, but never asked.

Bio Armor is a hybrid. It offers Resistance, Defense, Regeneration, some Offense, a little Debuff, Absorb, a little Healing and some End Recovery. It does not offer any Defense Debuff Resistance, , To Hit Debuff Resistance, or Regeneration Debuff Resistance. Which, by the way, I thought was strange since Bio does rely a bit on Regeneration. Oh well.. onto the next.

HARDENED CARAPACE

With a little concentration you can cause your skin to become hard as stone, boosting your constitution to reject toxins and recovering from wounds more quickly. While active, this power will boost your resistance to Lethal, Smashing and Toxic damage, grant a minor amount of regeneration, and protection from Disorient and Sleep effects. If Efficient Adaptation is active, Hardened Carapace will grant an Endurance Discount. If Defensive Adaptation is active, Hardened Carapace will grant additional resistance to Lethal, Smashing and Toxic damage. While Offensive Adaptation is active, this power will grant a minor boost to damage. Bonuses granted from Adaptations are unenhanceable.

Your basic toggle. Gives a base resistance 25% to Smashing/Lethal/Toxic damage, and mag 12 protection from Disorient and Sleep. In EFFECIENT ADAPTATION, it gives a small Endurance Discount ( instead of using .26 End/Sec, it drops down to .2 End/Sec. I'm not a math major, but it seems like that's a 6% decrease?

In DEFENSIVE ADAPTATION, this gives you an additional bonus to your Smash/Lethal/Toxic resistances. Your base is 25%, and Defensive pumps it up to 32.5%.

OFFENSIVE ADAPTATION gives a minor boost to your damage. I can't say EXACTLY how much that damage boost is, but I believe it is around 28%. For example, Quills pulses for 13.98. In Offensive, it will pulse for 17.94. Another example is with Battle Ax. Beheader goes from 37.64 damage to 62. 74, while Pendulum sees 168.1 jump up to 215.7 damage. Again, I never majored in Math, and don't spend hours going through every possible combination to do math to see exactly how much time a power takes to activate, how much end that power takes, how much damage that power takes, to figure out the absolutely best possible return on investment to get the best attack chain. I play for fun. I understand simple. My bad.

INEXHAUSTIBULE

Your body is constantly evolving and adapting based on your surroundings. As a result you receive a moderate bonus to maximum hit points, regeneration, recovery as well as gaining a measure of Slow and Endurance Drain Resistance. Half of this power's maximum hit point increase is unenhanceable. While Efficient Adaptation is active, this power grants a small bonus to recovery and regeneration. While Defensive Adaptation is active you gain a small amount of additional maximum hit points. This power doesn't grant any bonuses to Offensive Adaptation. These special bonuses are unenhanceable. Inexhaustible is always active. 

Again, I don't run every single scenario. Inexhaustible gives you a bonus to your Max HP, Regen, Recovery, and a bit of Slow/End Drain Resistance.

EFFECIENT ADAPTATION sees your base End Recovery go from 2.08/Sec to 2.67/Sec, your  Regen go from 140% (11.05HP/Sec) to 205% (17.79HP/Sec) and your Max HP from 1874 to 2061. 

DEFENSIVE gets your End Recovery from 2.08/Sec to 2.5/Sec, your Regen from 140% to 190%, and your Max HP from 1874 to 2145.

NO bonuses while in Offensive.

Half of the Max HP bonus is unenhanceable, but the Regen and End Recovery ARE enhanceable. Many people use this power just as a "mule" to throw in one,or more Procs (Numina's, Miracle, etc etc). Obviously it's up to you on how you want to slot it, what goals you're shooting for, and what bonuses you want.

ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTATION

Your body can spontaneously adapt to its surroundings and your mind has learned to shield itself from harmful effects by constant exposure to these dangers. While active you gain moderate defense to Fire, Cold, Energy and Negative Energy damage, and a small amount of defense to Psionic damage. Additionally you are protected against hold, knockdown and immobilize effects. While Defensive Adaptation is active you gain a minor amount of Lethal, Smashing, Fire, Cold, Energy, Negative Energy and Psionic defense, as well as a minor amount of maximum hit points. If Offensive Adaptation is active you'll gain a moderate To Hit bonus. These special bonuses are unenhanceable.

Defense shield. Bio *can* hit the defense soft cap on Fire/Cold/Energy/N. Energy. Not only does this give you Defense to those, it also gives you protection against those pesky Holds/KBs/Immobilize. This is yet another trick that Bio has based on the "stance" you take.

In DEFESENSIVE ADAPTATION, you'll get a base 4.5% bump in S/L/F/E Resistance, 2.25% Psionic Resistance. and a base +84HP to your Max HP. (I'm getting all these values at BASE. At level 50, and slotted, obviously the numbers will be different. I'm just trying to give you an IDEA of what each stance does for you).

OFFENSIVE ADAPTATION will give you a 7.5% bonus to To Hit.

ADAPTATION

By purchasing this power you gain access to three mutually exclusive toggle powers: Efficient Adaptation, Defensive Adaptation and Offensive Adaptation. If Defensive Adaptation is active you gain improved damage resistance from Hardened Carapace and Evolving Armor, additional defense from Environmental Modification and Evolving Armor, and increased Maximum HP from Environmental Modification and Inexhaustible. If Offensive Adaptation is active you gain bonus damage from Hardened Carapace, additional To Hit from Environmental Modification, empowered -resistance debuff from Evolving Armor, and your debuff effects from DNA Siphon, Genetic Contamination and Parasitic Aura are increased.

The "Bread and Butter" of Bio. Once taken, you will have 3 "powers" show up in your bar. One is Efficient Adaptation, one is Defensive, and the last is Offensive.

ABLATIVE CARAPACE

When needed, you're able to cause your Bio Armor to gain a thick, but brittle outer layer that will absorb a large amount of damage before breaking off. Ablative Carapace will grant a moderate amount of damage absorption and a high amount of regeneration for a short time. While Efficient Adaptation is active, this power grants a slightly larger regeneration buff. While Defensive Adaptation is active, this power grants a bonus to damage absorption.

What many consider to be a "must have", here is your "absorb shield". It adds a base 100% to your Regeneration rate, and gives you an Absorb Shield of 30% of your base HP while in DEFENSIVE.

EFFECIENT ADAPTATION gives 130% to your Regeneration rate.

EVOLVING ARMOR

When faced with danger, your Bio Armor reacts by becoming incredibly durable as well as infecting nearby enemies, lowering their resistance to damage. While active, Evolving Armor will grant you small amount of damage resistance, plus an additional amount for each nearby target. Nearby foes will also be taunted and have their damage resistance reduced. While Efficient Adaptation is active, this power grants a moderate bonus to Regeneration and Recovery plus a tiny amount of both for each nearby foe up to 10 foes. While Defensive Adaptation is active you gain a very minor amount of defense and damage resistance for each nearby foe, however you lose the benefit of this power's resistance debuff. If Offensive Adaptation is active this power's damage resistance debuff is increased. These special bonuses are unenhanceable.

Evolving Armor is one heck of a power. You gain Damage Resistance, you Taunt everyone in its effect, AND you LOWER the enemies' resistances. Of course, like most everything else in Bio, you can choose different bonuses based on which "stance" you're in.

EFFECIENT ADAPTATION , with 1 target, gives you 5.5% S/L/Toxic Resistance, 4.13% Resistance to F/C/E/N.E, and 3.3% to Psi. Your Regen rate goes up by 36%, and your base end recovery goes from 2.08/Sec to 2.38/Sec.

In DEFENSIVE, you lose the Resistance DEBUFF, but you gain the following Defense bonuses:

4.2% Defense to S/L

3.14% Defense to F/C/E/N.E

2,24% Defense to Psi

On top of that, you gain the following Resistances (base, with 1 target fueling the power)

7.15% Resist S/L/Toxic

5.37% Resist F/C/E/N.E

4.29% Resist Psi

To give you an idea, if you have 10 (the max) enemies around you fueling this power, those Defense #s jump to 8.25% S/L, 6.16% F/C/E/N.E, and 4.4% to Psi. your Resistances would jump to 13% S/L/T, 9.82% F/C/E/N.E, and 7.8% Psi.  All these numbers are unenhanced/base.

Now, in OFFENSIVE ADAPTATION, here's the tradeoff. You will debuff the enemies' resistance even more (sorry, I don't have that number), BUT your OWN resistances will suffer a -7.5% penalty. Yes, that's right. It IS possible for your own Resistances to even be NEGATIVE just from using this power in Offensive. This is why some people will build their Bio for Resistances to try and offset the -7.5% penalty, while others focus on trying to softcap their defenses and bumping up HP/Regen. 

DNA SIPHON

You can siphon genetic material from nearby enemies, causing a minor amount of Lethal damage and a minor amount of Toxic damage over time. Living enemies will provide the user with a small boost to health and endurance. These foes will have their regeneration rate reduced for a short period of time. Defeated enemies provide a weaker sample of material and thus will boost recovery and regeneration for a short while. While Efficient Adaptation is active, this power will grant bonus regeneration and recovery per defeated target hit. While Defensive Adaptation is active, this power will grant bonus health per living target hit. While Offensive Adaptation is active this power's regeneration debuff is increased in effectiveness.

A heal, a recovery power, Regen debuff, AND damage! The Regeneration debuff is -100% to each living enemy. And just like most everything else, the Special effects are determined by which "Stance" you're in. The base damage on this power is 20.88 (10.57 Lethal and 4.23x2.44 Toxic).

In DEFENSIVE, you get a (base) 20% to Regen and 12.5% to End Recovery per LIVING TARGET, plus an additional 70.28HP Heal.

In EFFECIENT, you get a (base) 26% to Regen and 21.88% to End Recovery per every DEFEATED TARGET.

In OFFENSIVE, the Regeneration debuff is -133%, your Regen goes up 20%, while End Recovery is boosted by 12.5%.

GENETIC CONTAMINATION

You're capable of breaking down the genetic material of your foes with a powerful toxin that is produced by your Bio Armor. Nearby foes affected by this poison will suffer toxic damage over time as well as dealing reduced damage. While Defensive Adaptation is active this power's damage debuff is increased in effectiveness.

Yet ANOTHER damaging toggle, plus a Debuff! In Efficient AND Offensive, this power ticks for 7.92 damage and applies a 10.5% Damage Debuff to the enemy. In DEFENSIVE, this power will tick for 5.94 damage, but apply a 13.97% Damage Debuff to the enemy.

PARASITIC AURA

You release a cloud of parasites around you that draw out your enemies' genetic material. These parasites dramatically increase your survivability by gaining damage absorption while boosting your regeneration and recovery rate for a short time. Affected foes will be infected and deal reduced damage for a short while. While Efficient Adaptation is active, this power will grant additional regeneration and recovery per target hit. While Defensive Adaptation is active, this power will grant a small amount of additional damage absorption and increase the effectiveness of this power's damage debuff.

The tier 9 power does not disappoint. This is a Heal, Absorb, +Regen,+Recovery, and a damage debuff to the enemy. These numbers are for 1 enemy in range, and as many as 10 to contribute.

EFFICIENT Adaptation gives you a (base) 10% Absorb shield, +65% to Regen, +42.5% End Recovery, and a -14% Damage Debuff to the enemy.

DEFENSIVE gives you a 13.3% Absorb shield, +50% to Regen, +30% to End Recovery, and applies an 18.2% damage debuff to the enemy.

OFFENSIVE nets you a 10% Absorb shield, +50% to Regen, +30% to End Recovery, and a 14% damage debuff to the enemy.

Now, let's just say you have the maximum # of targets (10) and you use this power and hit all 10. Your bonuses go through the roof.

With 10 targets:

EFFICIENT = 100% Absorb Shield, +650% Regen, +425% End Recovery

DEFENSIVE = 133% Absorb Shield, +500% Regen, +300% End Recovery

OFFENSIVE = 100% Absorb Shield, +500% Regen, +300% End Recovery

This power costs 18.2 end, Recharges in 270 seconds, lasts 45 seconds, and has a 15' radius. It is highly advised that you get Recharge. not only for this power, but Ablative and DNA Siphon also likes to have extra Recharge. 

Bio LOVES and NEEDS recharge. With more Recharge, comes more Ablative, DNA Siphon, and Parasitic Aura. It's possible to have a permanent Absorb Shield just from Ablative. Then tack on the absorb from everything else, and well, you ain't dying.

Now, you'll have a base of 12.98 Hold/Stun/Sleep/Immob protection, and a mag 10 KB protection. The downfall is that you get 0 Defense Debuff Resistance, and 0 Recovery, Perception, To Hit and Regen Debuff Resistance. You can softcap your Defenses to F/C/E/N.E, and you can get hellacious Regen numbers, but having NO resistance to those debuffs will hurt. They will hurt A LOT. This is why most Bio Armor users go for Destiny: Ageless Radial Epiphany to get  all the Debuff Resistances. Plus, the extra recharge always helps.

As you can see, Bio has NUMEROUS tools in its toolbelt. If you are planning on taking a secondary that uses a ton of Endurance, then you can offset that with Bio's powers and in Efficient Adaptation. You want more damage? Switch to Offensive. Taking on an AV? Switch to Defensive for a while. It truly is a hybrid, and allows the character to fill a few different roles. If farming is your thing, then you can farm. If pure tanking is your thing, then you can do so. Team lacking a little damage? Go in Offensive mode to pump out a little bit more damage.

Other than the downfall of the Debuff Resistances, another "downfall"  (if you want to call it that) is that every power is good. There are some Tank Primaries that you can skip one or 2 powers. With Bio, IF you skip anything, it'd be extremely hard to decide. And each power deserves some slots, even 6 slots, to get the full potential from them.

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my Bio/Rad tank. I ended up making a Bio/Staff Brute as well. I am going back and making another Bio Tank (because I simply love Tanks), and I am unsure right now what I want to pair it with. I have not made a Bio Sent, but have heard nice things about them. Now that I, and hopefully you, see more of what Bio is (and isn't) capable of, I hope to see more Bio toons in our beloved City (other than Bio/TW  haha).

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps a little.

-X

Edited by Xandyr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 11

• 2 months later

THANK YOU so much for this Bio/ lesson!  I too played every toon on Live EXCEPT Tanker, but seem to turn to them more and more now.  I have quite a large stable of Tanks atm, my most fun, heavily IO'd out ones are Inv/Rad, Dark/Rad (Hey, I LOVE /Rad, what can I say).  I have a handful of others of all types and combo's but something has drawn me to try Bio/ for the first time.  As like all the rest of them before her, my newest 50 (a Bio/SS) is TONS of fun to play, whether I'm soloing or on a TF.  My only "problem" is, when I try to put a build together, I can't get the numbers as high/good as those other two builds.  Maybe it's me and my ability to do a proper build for Bio/.  I'm pretty sure it is, lol.  That said though, I was wondering if you could look at my build (hopefully its goes through) and give me your thoughts and how to make it better.  I could even load up the other two builds, if needed, to show you what I'm looking at in a "Head to Head" comparison.  THANK YOU in advance!

InvinciBelle - Tanker (Bio Armor).mxd

On 1/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Wolfenstein said:

Put together another one, trying to go piece by piece.  Better in some spots, but still not as good as it can be I'm sure.

InvinciBelle2 - Tanker (Bio Armor).mxd 5.6 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the compliments.  I'll take a look when I can. We're preparing for inventory at work, so things are a little hectic.

Glad that guide offered some understanding and help!

On 10/21/2021 at 10:08 PM, Xandyr said:

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my Bio/Rad tank.

Mind posting that build (after inventory, of course 😄)?

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 1/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Wolfenstein said:

Put together another one, trying to go piece by piece.  Better in some spots, but still not as good as it can be I'm sure.

Definitely not a god of building but I managed the following (could probably squeeze a bit more out but really need to focus on work):

InvinciBelleComp.jpg.4d65227a6f07acfcc9180c68f0aa9da8.jpg

Spoiler

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1666;758;1516;HEX;|
		|78DA6594594F135114C7EF74A6565A4A2950960202656B2914CAA28F2A621384C66|
		|AD53753C7722913EBB49916A3EFC6E5CD35FAA40F3EF905D4F8418C8A1F40944D76|
		|5C329ECE39930EE924ED6FCE7FEE59EF9D89DF9EAA9E9F8F9D6242F599AC5C28A42|
		|EC9EA0DAE39926985AB69CEE0724FABB71435AD4CF26C968F3A40E9C445A9293ECF|
		|D5028F4C2AB9D4792D23AB4A3A755ABB99D35A69419C67398F2417F3709F2C6A5CC|
		|D1417982B91CB6523B1AC925928BAF1BE74ABA8198F61CD72798E6B850525EF34EC|
		|649EF339DFD9BC928E4C6A8B459E8A2FA6E272A1C8B53BCD50CC18FC36BBE14F281|
		|5CB743BDB16198B4ACCB643DC454A7BC47DE49103E4A09399972EB20420000F2F20|
		|8F5E242691DB90493033096B18C1B94EDC4056FF226E226BB69011C82492B3247E4|
		|2B1F633F10BB2EE2B7109B90319EDE4A41F80E12043705C168C150D49A413F6A68A|
		|1AB1573D92F0E16364E313E25364F333E273E46F88EC1298DD70768D626EFF0446F|
		|6D348DB68A46D34CA63344A1764765366E6FE66C3B983E831458F9F19E21F48E3A5|
		|3436EF0F58D90E615688ABC828CCA9DE9C537D3F86EB0C1243C401645718B905917|
		|DA693EF3B16D6B54CFC89EC5E21AE2245A8B1899CC426EAB29BBAECA12E7BA8CBBF|
		|90A1C55CDCB28CB5F650ED7D547BDF495C3C0A3DB40AC6A1D4C5D6575863DF6B64F|
		|F1BE25BA40465B49B91DB6318A17F1A193A479C41FE83323ACC9DEA708B46DA500D|
		|72C043AC257A918375C86B80006D8A1418C3F483E3C409E4D071E209E438F4D26B3|
		|AF5DEC50333740F397C9FF880F8102943A62039D982EF508CBE277E407AA1F13035|
		|CEC23E3C6D011023E6218F84F1E04489C350CB8879AA46E85485A4F2FBAFB749E5F|
		|7B964EB3A9BAD941292E901926048ABCEF2BBCD84210CBD76480CA2B86E1105E10A|
		|965DD385FBB371C8E3058E70A0B282914A295A298D554AE39552552D7C5948C2EB6|
		|53DE43547E26FB0181F0386619C1F3DD6647972D56931125643B61AD7ADC65EE9F3|
		|6466DEB51AFB56833596BF10FA8CB5B6FF94FC18F5|

• Like 1

Considering you get +res from your ATO stacks why have S/L resistances at a whooping 114% with one stack? You'll only grow to 120% with a second one and 90% is max.

You could put your slots into actually slotting Ablative an-... Ah, I see, you had Hybrid and Destiny toggled up. That explains it. okay.

Alright, detoggling everything. You don't really need Ageless since you sweat endurance and have enough recharge going with all the FF procs. It's not great recharge though, but Hasten at 140 is still bearable in my opinion. So I suggest Barrier instead.

Messing with things gives you 40% to S/L defense (you had forgotten one of the 3% uniques), capped S/L resistances with either a second stack of the ATO or Barrier (I would personally lower S/L resistances to 77% to account for Barrier -and- a second ATO stack, but you do you). Not sure if you want to double stack Rage but you can scrounge one or two slots from Parasitic, maybe?

E/N that whittles defenses or bypasses them will always be a problem but at least your Ablative Shield is now slotted properly to make a nice shield for those occasions.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

InvinciBelle2: Level 50 Science Tanker
Primary Power Set: Bio Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5), StdPrt-ResKB(5), UnbGrd-Max HP%(7)
Level 1: Jab -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(11)
Level 4: Haymaker -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(19)
Level 6: Adaptation
Level 8: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal(43), Prv-Absorb%(43)
Level 10: Air Superiority -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(29)
Level 14: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(27), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(31), Pnc-Heal(31), ThfofEss-+End%(37)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(33), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Hct-Dam%(34), UnbCns-Dam%(47)
Level 22: Inexhaustible -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(34), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(36), Pnc-Heal(36)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Rage -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 30: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- Empty(A)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(39), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), FrcFdb-Rechg%(48)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(45), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 44: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Ion Radial Final Judgement
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 6: Defensive Adaptation
Level 6: Efficient Adaptation
Level 6: Offensive Adaptation
Level 14: Afterburner
------------

I haven't played SS, so I don't know much about it. If I were building a Bio/SS for myself, this is how I would probably do it. 

I do not factor in ANY Accolades, Incarnate powers, etc when I build my toons. I try to build them the best I can, and see Accolades/Incarnates as just icing on the cake,

In OFFENSIVE, this would give you capped F/C/E/N.E defenses AND capped Melee Defense. Two stacks of the Tanker ATO would give you capped S/L Resists (with only 1 mob in range fueling Evolving Armor. HP is 2454, and base Regen rate is 36 HP/Sec. Ablative is 3 seconds off of being perma. When active, it'll boost your Regen to 51 HP/Sec.

Hitting 2 mobs with DNA Siphon and Parasitic boosts your Regen to 71 HP/Sec....of course we know that you'll have more than that around you 😉

I would boost the 2 Recharge Reductions in Hasten to +5. That *might* get Hasten perma or near perma....which also would let you stack Rage (again....I don't know much about SS).

If for whatever reason you found yourself in trouble, switch to DEFENSIVE and enjoy your capped Defenses to all but Psi,Ranged, and AoE.

As far as Incarnate, Ageless Radial is almost a MUST...otherwise you have 0 DDR.

I chose Soul Mastery because having an awesome Ranged attack is always nice, and Darkest Night is great.

Again, I know zilch about SS. This build is just how I personally would build it if I were going to play it.

Level 50 Science Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(5), GldArm-ResDam:50(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(50), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(50)
Level 1: Jab -- PndSlg-Acc/Dmg:30(A), PndSlg-Dmg/EndRdx:30(5)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(A), RgnTss-Regen+:30(7), PwrTrns-+Heal:40(7)
Level 4: Haymaker -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc:50(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(50)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(13), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(15)
Level 8: Adaptation 
Level 10: Ablative Carapace -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(19)
Level 14: Boxing -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 16: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(A), ImpSki-Status:30(19)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- Obl-Dmg:50(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg:50(21), Obl-Dmg/Rchg:50(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(23), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), Obl-%Dam:50(25)
Level 20: Knockout Blow -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(25), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(27), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(29), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(31)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(33), ShlWal-Def:50(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(33), Rct-ResDam%:50(34)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc:50(34), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36)
Level 28: Rage -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg:50(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg:50(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg:50(39), GssSynFr--ToHit:50(39), GssSynFr--Build%:50(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(40)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- ThfofEss-Acc/Heal:30(A), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Heal:30(40), ThfofEss-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(40), ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg:30(42), ThfofEss-+End%:30(46)
Level 35: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(42), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(43)
Level 41: Gloom -- Apc-Dmg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), Apc-Dam%:50(46)
Level 44: Darkest Night -- DmpSpr-ToHitDeb:50(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx:50(45)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Prv-Absorb%:50(48)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(3)
Level 8: Defensive Adaptation 
Level 8: Efficient Adaptation 
Level 8: Offensive Adaptation 
Level 49: Double Jump 
------------

|MxDz;1422;693;1386;HEX;|
|78DA65945B4F135110C7CF76B7544AA12D17CBADD282C8A5B0A5C467A3887883485|
|2E26BD39443D958DB665B127DF7FAA6A8F1450512AF6F3EF811FC0CDE133F016AE4|
|2EE03AEC7F36C5B0C9F6D7336766CECCFF9CB313D7467D3333632785E23B9D4B974|
|AA9A974FE8A343DC98C21F31929F61E0FBD11D853A37246E64B521F310AA94B6636|
|9D3732A953E6D582D9C60E133227A59E9C2BD2FF64D994F96C7956D44E160A397DC|
|CC8CE968D7CD66F8FC6657A5A9AA559A3E8B5C7C9A294D33E67AA487EA1334523A3|
|8F987365994A16E672A98974A92CCDEBCD544F17BDBFF77E14BB44CB2D365421129|
|A70AD81DA2A188F83894DE63038E015CE6329E21C214C41E7C115CAAC7066977259|
|B123AA4E28F664D5BA26448F2674CAA07206B7FA50B39D0E3D62DE03BDF799F360E|
|201B84A2BB87905D5DD84157C17509B6F0CAC3B0BAE91B3879DAD2D1A54F340A94E|
|22B26E0AFC4393358A2D8AA5D66C213CC05204589A7A964AA18DADE506446DABB08|
|D2A19FD4E7A7F082DD787C16D4A1FE4F4EEE0B6CB8E68DC61EE8287FF322DB059B0|
|F2A45783A357C36DE8D07C0B6CBDC9BC01B6DF65DE01352AABC9D1AB89F53AD2C80|
|C308360909C43ECAC85D8397211654458E4088B1C5D0177A8B716E734B52C62D9E8|
|13E612D8F594F98CB9000E536F6D2C8CAB6D118D1F5D602E810D545618C7CA72875|
|FF1E44BF0D80BE673E61BB0E735B84BE575E0B85B5A875FB5F7A327C00C827D75E0|
|603DD8492B763A9BD919C30EC799C7A9E66EA7E1EE8F50A1EF03F313D8FF99F985F|
|915CC107A1D897B0750E380CE1C0407879809F0BB4F889873E7626FD9F91D1F17AA|
|55E78C42E74D0B9171C839A243DFE0D9AE55AEEEDE8DB02CD1A7553E05D6F8C1F94|
|9CD992693629B96BD9510F6FAB9CFA488287F4096C11F07FD7FFDE7FF18D5B9E6C1|
|8D2E7C39ED92D6F70F36F75FE7F7FD950EAD7F88ADDF33|

6 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

Mind posting that build (after inventory, of course 😄)?

I haven't played this toon in forever. I should dust him off and probably respec him. I've been on a /Staff kick lately, and an MM kick.

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(5)
Level 1: Contaminated Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(7), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg:35(9), PndSlg-Acc/Dmg:30(9), PndSlg-Dmg/EndRdx:30(11)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx:50(11), NmnCnv-Heal:50(13), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(13), PwrTrns-+Heal:50(15), PwrTrns-EndMod:50(15)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(19)
Level 8: Ablative Carapace -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Trg-Heal/Rchg:30(21), Trg-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:30(23)
Level 10: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(25)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(27), ImpSki-Status:30(27)
Level 16: Radiation Siphon -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg:35(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(29), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx:35(29), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg:35(31)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal:50(33), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33)
Level 20: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(34), Rct-ResDam%:50(34), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(34)
Level 22: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(36)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(36)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(39), Erd-%Dam:30(39)
Level 28: Irradiated Ground -- Erd-Acc/Rchg:30(A), Erd-Dmg:30(39), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:30(40), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:30(40), Erd-%Dam:30(40), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(42)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(42)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:50(42), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx:50(43), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), Mrc-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg:40(43), Mrc-Heal/Rchg:40(45)
Level 35: Devastating Blow -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(45), Hct-Dam%:50(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), PndSlg-Acc/Dmg:30(46), PndSlg-Dmg/EndRdx:30(46)
Level 38: Atom Smasher -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(48), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(50), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(50)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- RgnTss-Regen+:30(A), PwrTrns-+Heal:50(50)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PwrTrns-+Heal:50(3)
Level 49: Double Jump 
------------

|MxDz;1415;679;1358;HEX;|
|78DA65944953134114C77B3213919008014258920041200B44F0A417CB05222829D|
|9F49A9A82264C89496AC241EE96CB27F0E8DD83552E1FC1AB57F72FA02548B1E352|
|E3CBBC7F5762D155935FF5EBD7FDDEFBF7EBE4EE4FF85756B29785E6BFB666562AF|
|945B37857DADE9C59B096447534D0D7C7D6FC845C91C58ACC5CB54AF95B76C12C5A|
|4BF92BF6BD921D81434EAE49999937972D73DD2A15792E02B3A5D25A266B1556D7A|
|D62A1D99DCD487359DA9555ABEC73E70B652997FD6AA94C7E6D93656B2933599476|
|61239F332BEBD2DEE8A46406E8DBA9FE686E7E8E2E8E7521C60DE1D9631AFBE021F|
|3C5B050C3F18A5942DC10A716C039E6E979708A1835846F9AB94B913444F26A7734|
|F744DF1CD37F1B5C609E393098DBCC3DDAACAB34F5103BB5B4832DCCD620739F9CB|
|D70768E69D28089D180E35B1799EDF3E005CDCDB1E322D34377D5884245A34343FC|
|A2739A34572A476F82401D10A81302751E3175DA1F40504FE03C1BBBC37C787794F|
|992D46C4610BD196A46A066046AC6A0E66F0A1F44782388326228238632FA421CA9|
|2F8C7BA334DA54ED6D37B17883D99F057741A81AA44D21957B08C601483D00A9E3E|
|4148693164E0B5E04FF50AE5DEAA6BB1EF00D9E7D043E041F33879E805B1E57959D|
|84103D6A73CF77360E7D630EFF0037416C4ABEF3F07D505A51955614B92791FB5F4|
|AAB979BDDF1F642C224244CA11153903235451C36C4C875E62BBAACB86AFD7882C3|
|8D24C134733405A2F547D1FAAF69F3A0AA69F003EB7DEE3DF811FCC41CFF0C7E613|
|E2324542F2620F1F38010695568FA1237D4381ECD1B0A97C1A2C85438A7304933A6|
|8E19FBCAC688517BD0D5C7427D9E346A7F08CECCC9F559432D9349734D9BBEDA167|
|8FDFCCFD4CF956C9DF4DBAE3369E22967E5411D87D5778C50CE41FDE4A8FE85BF4D|
|D52A73FE0146D5DE7D|

What I want to know is...   Can I play Bio Armor without the horrible FX?

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

What I want to know is...   Can I play Bio Armor without the horrible FX?

Sort of.

There is a minimal FX option, but Adaptations and Generic Contamination still have auras.

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

An aura like a glowie aura around a character? Or like a mishappen ball of chiton glued the side of my character's head?

See, that's why I've never played Bio Armor.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

While we're on the subject of Bio, I've linked my Bio/Staff below.

One of the key advantages of Bio is that you don't need quite as much single target damage due to DNA Siphon (and it's -regen) against most foes. So you can go for a more purely 'tank' build to leverage the multiple taunt auras. The build below is S/L hard-capped, F/C/N/E/P soft-capped (or nearly so) while having exceptional AE damage with Staff's enormous radius/arc on a Tanker. DDR is largely unnecessary since stacking Guarded Spin pushes Lethal Defense well above the point where enemies can reasonably debuff you. As you shift into Incarnate content, Barrier lets you stay relevant and your defense + regen can hopefully deal with the relative weakness of non-S/L resists

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Staff Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Precise Strike -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(21), PrfZng-Dam%(23), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(23), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(25), PrfZng-Taunt(25)
Level 14: Guarded Spin -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(27), Obl-Dmg(29), Obl-%Dam(29)
Level 16: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 20: Eye of the Storm -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 22: Staff Mastery 
Level 24: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40)
Level 28: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam(43), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(45), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(45), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(49)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(47), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(47), PrfZng-Taunt(48), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(48), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 22: Form of the Body 
Level 22: Form of the Mind 
Level 22: Form of the Soul 
Level 16: Afterburner 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Edited by Hjarki
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hjarki said:

While we're on the subject of Bio, I've linked my Bio/Staff below.

One of the key advantages of Bio is that you don't need quite as much single target damage due to DNA Siphon (and it's -regen) against most foes. So you can go for a more purely 'tank' build to leverage the multiple taunt auras. The build below is S/L hard-capped, F/C/N/E/P soft-capped (or nearly so) while having exceptional AE damage with Staff's enormous radius/arc on a Tanker. DDR is largely unnecessary since stacking Guarded Spin pushes Lethal Defense well above the point where enemies can reasonably debuff you. As you shift into Incarnate content, Barrier lets you stay relevant and your defense + regen can hopefully deal with the relative weakness of non-S/L resists

Hide contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Staff Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam(5), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5)
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 4: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), ShlWal-Def(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Precise Strike -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(17), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(21), PrfZng-Dam%(23), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(23), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(25), PrfZng-Taunt(25)
Level 14: Guarded Spin -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(27), Obl-Dmg(29), Obl-%Dam(29)
Level 16: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 20: Eye of the Storm -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 22: Staff Mastery 
Level 24: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal(36), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40)
Level 28: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Tough -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam(43), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(43)
Level 35: Innocuous Strikes -- ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(45), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(45), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(45), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(46)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(49)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47)
Level 47: Taunt -- PrfZng-Acc/Rchg(A), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(47), PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg(47), PrfZng-Taunt(48), PrfZng-Taunt/Rng(48), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 22: Form of the Body 
Level 22: Form of the Mind 
Level 22: Form of the Soul 
Level 16: Afterburner 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------

Thanks!  I was just looking for a Bio/Staff build and shazam!  Here one is 🙂

1 hour ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

An aura like a glowie aura around a character? Or like a mishappen ball of chiton glued the side of my character's head?

glowie auras

• Thanks 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

One thing I don't see mentioned, is how you can slot DNA siphon for END instead of Healing or Damage. I usually 4 slot mine with Preemptive, so once every 30 seconds I can completely refill my END bar, even a single enemy will return 22%, 2 enemies will return 44%. 

With enough recharge you can juggle Parasite Aura for a massive regen buff, with Carapace for a nice absorb shield. Pair those two together and you can pretty much take any destiny incarnate power you want, but I usually swap between Barrier or Ageless Radial to plug the Debuff hole in the set, depending on what activity I'm doing. And since I don't have to worry much about survival or END, I can stay in offensive mode almost the entire time, rarely do I have to change stances.

But here is one of my tankers, she hits quite hard for a tanker, and takes out bosses/elite bosses like its her job, and I even managed to sneak in Fold space to yank everything to me in a nice big ball, which is fantastic for tankers.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Technology Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Energy Melee
Power Pool: Teleportation

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 4: Teleport -- Range-I(A)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 10: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(48)
Level 20: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(43), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(29), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 30: Combat Teleport -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 35: Power Crash -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 38: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), HO:Nucle(40), HO:Nucle(40)
Level 41: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
------------

Sins Bio -EM Tanker mk 2.mxd

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Minimal effect limits things to glows/dust around the character.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neiska said:

One thing I don't see mentioned, is how you can slot DNA siphon for END instead of Healing or Damage. I usually 4 slot mine with Preemptive, so once every 30 seconds I can completely refill my END bar, even a single enemy will return 22%, 2 enemies will return 44%.

I suspect the reason you don't see much endurance slotting is that builds only spend so much endurance - and this amount is predictable. So once you hit the point where your build sustains itself, there's no point in more endurance regeneration. I do - from time to time - slot powers for endurance I don't need, but that's mainly an issue of set bonuses. However, the set bonuses for endurance sets aren't particularly good for typed defense armor sets.

8 hours ago, Neiska said:

With enough recharge you can juggle Parasite Aura for a massive regen buff, with Carapace for a nice absorb shield. Pair those two together and you can pretty much take any destiny incarnate power you want, but I usually swap between Barrier or Ageless Radial to plug the Debuff hole in the set, depending on what activity I'm doing. And since I don't have to worry much about survival or END, I can stay in offensive mode almost the entire time, rarely do I have to change stances.

But here is one of my tankers, she hits quite hard for a tanker, and takes out bosses/elite bosses like its her job, and I even managed to sneak in Fold space to yank everything to me in a nice big ball, which is fantastic for tankers.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

Level 50 Technology Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Energy Melee
Power Pool: Teleportation

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40)
Level 1: Barrage -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Inexhaustible -- PrfShf-EndMod(A)
Level 4: Teleport -- Range-I(A)
Level 6: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/Rchg(15), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 10: Ablative Carapace -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(13)
Level 12: Evolving Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Arm-Dam%(42)
Level 18: DNA Siphon -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(25), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(48), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(48)
Level 20: Total Focus -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(43), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 26: Genetic Contamination -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(27), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(29), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(50)
Level 30: Combat Teleport -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Parasitic Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(33), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 35: Power Crash -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 38: Energy Transfer -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), HO:Nucle(40), HO:Nucle(40)
Level 41: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(47)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(46)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(9)
Level 1: Energy Focus 
------------

Sins Bio -EM Tanker mk 2.mxd 4.82 kB · 1 download

Slotting a Theft of Essence proc in DNA Siphon does that, so I slot it for heals myself. Ablative is nice but not enough when there is pressure.