Officially Unofficial Weekly Discussion #13: Foru-mites

SeraphimKensai

I started browsing the forums because that's just what I do when I am interested in something - I go find where other people who are interested in the same thing are hanging out, and see what they're saying.  

Right now I spend about as much time on the forums as I do in the game; everyone I knew or bumped into regularly in-game have been gone for a long time at this point. 

I'm starting to suspect they're not all having connection issues. 

I still hang around the forums because:

• A) I am an ADHD poster child and my mind drifts easily from tasks that have no value to ME to things that do, and forums.hc is right there
  • B) I like to read the opinions/musings of the regulars who are still around - even if I don't always agree with them - because for the most part, their missives are delivered with a craft and voice that deserve an audience and thoughtful responses
  • B2) But they usually leave themselves wide open for a shitpost response and I am pathologically compelled to oblige

I used to give a shit about the direction the game was heading and so on, and used the forums to pontificate on matters surrounding that, but after P5 I realized it is and has always been going in a direction that will eventually scrape me off like a barnacle. 

From what I gather in outside communications, a lot of people have that feeling. 

I used to care about that - A LOT - because I used to feel like the game NEEDED all kinds of players in order to keep lingering around, but I've had my fill of farting in that wind tunnel.  It's not the game it was when I cared about it, and if it were all to disappear tomorrow, it wouldn't have nearly the impact it would have had it shut down when I did.

Edited by roleki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

I read the forum because of curiosity & boredom. I learn stuff but I have a short attention span so it's more like what can scrape off into my little brain and stick. I always assume everyone else posting knows more/is a better player than me. But I still give myself permission to have an opinion. However I don't assume it's fascinating to others.

I'm mostly here to post cat memes.

1_chaotic_good.jpg

Superhero5.jpg

Cat-On-The-Internet.jpg

• Haha 1