Possible Bug: hostage perishing from enemy fire before being rescued breaks the mission

Voltor

So I am running the 4th arc of Black Scorpion's patron missions.   I am in the mission where I need to Visit the Future.   While here I am to defeat Aeon and then rescue Silver Mantis. 

Well Silver mantis was taking aoe damage from the Zeus Titan guarding her and she perished just before I defeated the Zeus. 

Had to reset the mission, this time when I found her I took the precaution of using my incarnate barrier which actually did shield her.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

I've gotten in the habit of pulling hostage groups away from the hostage because of this popping up occasionally.  A couple tip missions have similar issues though at least the latest didn't fail the mission when the hostage got blown up.  (Rogue to Hero Flamebeoux blogging bit)

Hm, interesting.   I rechecked some notes I have from Live/the old days.   This appears to be a Legacy loophole or bug as I do have an entry about this happening. 

Usually I pull them away if possible, but sometimes they can't or won't move.   Luckily incarnate barrier helps with this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also of interesting note:  Do NOT run the Promise for New Tomorrow arc in Neutropolis BEFORE running the previous arc My Best Friend Rusty arc.

In My Best Friend Rusty, you will meet a contact named Aarron Walker,  HOWEVER IF you have run Promise for New Tomorrow first, he dies in that arc (part of the story, cannot be saved) and thus he isn't around in My Best Friend Rusty

Also there is a mission in Imperial City where you must "rescue" aka capture 3 people to be fed to the Ghouls.  If any perish before being rescued you must reset the mission

• Thumbs Up 1

Praetoria is full of gotchas.   Several of your mission contacts get offed by future missions, and occasionally in the same level range.  I think the wiki spells them out, but this guide spells out a good order to do them in:

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Apparition's_Complete_Guide_to_Praetoria

One trick I found if you accidentally kill off someone that you need to talk to later, is to start that person's ouro arc, port to them.

When you quit, they don't disappear and you can then talk to them.

• Like 1