Dumb Stealth Question

Arnabas

I never really take the Concealment pool, but I have one character for whom it seems appropriate. I know that the Stealth power loses much of it's bonus when you attack, but I figured it would still offer some protection.

I noticed today that it is normally 10% (I'm rounding off) but if I attack it drops to 3%. That seems reasonable, but there is also a -10% showing, so does that mean I am effectively -7% from my base defense? Meaning if I attack, they actually get something of a bonus to hit me?

Or am I reading it wrong?

Stealth's contribution to Defense will show up as a line item to defense bonuses by category.

If you are seeing a red -XX% number in Base Defense at the top of that listing in Combat Attributes, then you have most likely been hit by a critter that can debuff defense.  Changes to Base Defense that don't come from an external debuff are exceedingly rare.

But, no. Losing the extra +def from Stealth upon attacking or getting hit will not send you into negative defense absent any enemy debuffs which can do so.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.