Question About Costume Parts

Arnabas

I finally decided to take another shot at making a Soldier of Arachnos. Now, I know it's been asked and answered that the Arachnos costume parts are exclusive to the first slot, but what I haven't been able to find out is why?

I have ideas for costumes that would use standard parts, but with Arachnos bits as highlights. It's not the end of the world if I can't do it, but I am wondering at the rationale. Is it simply not possible to have them, or is it a conscious choice to limit it to only one slot? I can't think of any particular reason (other than tech issues) to restrict it, but maybe there's something I missed?

The only thing I can think of is that it's an attempt to keep a fairly uniform look when using the official outfits, but alternate slots let characters look like pretty much anything they want, and we can have male "Widows" so I don't think there's an issue with Lore or anything similar...

Edited by Arnabas

• 1 year later

On a regular slot, you can choose Head > Special Helmets

This will give you access to the arachnos wolf, crab/bane and widow/fortunata helmet appearances.

And you can use the arachnos cape too. But other than those two things, every costume part is locked and only available got the 1st slot.

I do hope they change this because I'd like to have one spec as bane and one spec as crab, each using different but similar arachnos-themed costumes.  Fingers crossed...