Time/Ice help (back after many years)

Gurox

Hi all,

It's been a very long time and this is my first character since coming back. Does anyone have any useful tips in regards to useful things to avoid or get? 

Went from feeling like a vet all those years ago to a noob lol so any build advice are welcome ❤️

• Time Crawl is useful for the -regen and for triggering the Delayed effect. It doesn't need more than an acc IO in the base slot (plus a rech if you've got slots to spare).
  • Temporal Selection (ST ally buff) is skippable. 
  • Distortion Field is optional. It's proc-able if you want more AoE damage, otherwise it's just an AoE slow (the chance to hold almost never happens).
  • Skip one of the T1 blasts.
  • Frost Breath is proc-able. Otherwise it's very low DPA. 
  • Skip Bitter Freeze Ray. Really long cast time and you've got Time Stop if you want a 2nd hold.
  • Take an Epic pool with Power Boost (Soul Mastery) or Power Build Up (Power Mastery). Using either before casting Farsight will allow you to soft cap defense.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

• 4 weeks later

I have an Ice/TIme corruptor I like very much. I know. It's not a defender, but he is a close cousin to your defender. I call my Ice/TIme Frozen Pickle. I have all the hold powers because when I want to hold a boss, I just keep stacking until they are good and held. It's actually pretty amazing. The ice rains inho work better on a corruptor because of scourge. The other plus is I sometimes find powersets I am not inclined to favor or play as well, such as time. But, Ice/time clicked for me for some reason. I think it's because the ice blast animations are fairly quick compared to the time animations.

Good luck. I tend to prefer to level up a character and shelve it after incarnating it, so I cant really speak to how it plays itrials but it sure is hella fun in the 'growing up' levels

Thanks for the replies 😊

I was looking at building a time/ice but ended up lvling a time/dp which I'm having alot of fun with. I've never tried ice before so maybe in the future. I'm enjoying Time alot atm, maybe I'll make make a time/ice and see what one I want to take to 50 😊

On 3/15/2023 at 11:09 AM, Uun said:
  • <snip>
  • Distortion Field is optional. It's proc-able if you want more AoE damage, otherwise it's just an AoE slow (the chance to hold almost never happens). see comment below
  •  Skip one of the T1 blasts.
  • <snip> 
  • Skip Bitter Freeze Ray. Really long cast time and you've got Time Stop if you want a 2nd hold. harrumpf
  • Take an Epic pool with Power Boost (Soul Mastery) or Power Build Up (Power Mastery). Using either before casting Farsight will allow you to soft cap defense. here here, solid advice

Can you proc distortion field like choking cloud and not get a more solid hold when it does proc? chance for +mag hold in choking cloud does wonders!

Just an AoE slow? Harrumpf, you slow things down far enough its darn near close to being an aoe HOLD

Edited by Psylenz0511

5 minutes ago, Gurox said:

Thanks for the replies 😊

I was looking at building a time/ice but ended up lvling a time/dp which I'm having alot of fun with. I've never tried ice before so maybe in the future. I'm enjoying Time alot atm, maybe I'll make make a time/ice and see what one I want to take to 50 😊

I will be quite frank. DP plays NOTHING like ice blast. It would be a totally different ride. I do see how some of the shorter animation blasts in DP would work will with the slower animations in time. SPeaking of DP, if some bozo tells you that you dont need swap ammo, tell ole Psy said to kick them in the shins, esp on a defender since the secondary effects of the ammo times is amplified on a 'fender.

3 hours ago, Psylenz0511 said:

Can you proc distortion field like choking cloud and not get a more solid hold when it does proc? chance for +mag hold in choking cloud does wonders!

Just an AoE slow? Harrumpf, you slow things down far enough its darn near close to being an aoe HOLD

The chance for Distortion Field to hold is 2% every 1 second (3% if the target is subject to Time Crawl), which translates to 1.2 PPM. Since the base hold is mag 3, the Lockdown proc only has a benefit if it hits a boss. This seems like a pretty rare occurrence and not worth slotting for.

I use two different slottings on Distortion Field. On my Fire/Time corruptor I use 1 slow IO + 1 rech IO. On my Illusion/Time controller I use 2 damage procs (controllers get better base values for slow).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Uun said:

The chance for Distortion Field to hold is 2% every 1 second (3% if the target is subject to Time Crawl), which translates to 1.2 PPM. Since the base hold is mag 3, the Lockdown proc only has a benefit if it hits a boss. This seems like a pretty rare occurrence and not worth slotting for.

I use two different slottings on Distortion Field. On my Fire/Time corruptor I use 1 slow IO + 1 rech IO. On my Illusion/Time controller I use 2 damage procs (controllers get better base values for slow).

I use full Lockdown sets in all of my Time Corruptors, primarily for the ranged defence and find that the proc fires quite often. Also it doesn't just stack on bosses but also fires independently on minions and lieutenants. The animation for the hold in Distortion Field is a bubble around the head of the critter, the animation for the Lockdown hold is an electric bubble like the sleep from Electricity.

I ran a test a short while ago with and without the proc to confirm this.

My advice would be to take Distortion Field, not only is the slow good, the hold is decent especially with the Lockdown set and you can stack it multiple times.

Take it and love it. 🙂

Edited by Psiphon