Starting up an all IL team: Should I go Il/Dark or IL/Psi?

Zep

As per the title, what do peoples think?

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

If I was constrained to either psi or dark secondaries for an illusion dominator.....it would come down to either Drain Psyche vs Gather Shadows & Life Drain. In that case I'd probably go Dark as you get some self healing, and Domination plus a power boost for your mezzes.

That said expanded to all the secondaries, I've been vocal about choosing Savage for the recharge/end bonuses and loving the playstyle, and of I didn't pick Savage I would of picked Sonic as that has Bass Boost plus multiple options for -res to help PA.

I like Illusion/Dark a lot.  It's pretty ranged oriented, you stick the phantoms in the fray, then stand black and blast.

And one thing to consider with Illusion/Psi is that a lot of Illusion uses Psionic-typed attacks, too, so you end up more likely to run into mobs that can stonewall you.  Dark gives you more versatility.

Cool - thank you!

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

Got to 20 last night on the Ill/Dark.

I've never used Ill Control before so a little bit of a learning curve as it has some fundamental differences from a stock Control set like Fire or Electric.

Dark Assault is a pretty much standard Pew Pew Pew set with some nice toys.

What the build seems to lack is Endurance even with Using Domination every time it is up to refill.

Any good strategies for fixing the End issues specific to this combo?

1 hour ago, Zep said:

Any good strategies for fixing the End issues specific to this combo?

It's hard to offer a precise suggestion without seeing your build and slotting so here's all the comments: slot for end reduction, slot stamina with endurance modification, get set bonuses that offer end discount or recovery bonuses, get endurance stat boosting accolades, alpha radial has end mod, aegis can help.