Defender vs Corrupter

User

I know there are trade-offs and neither is strictly better, but it appears that some power sets are generally better on one or the other. For example defender doesn't look like it gains much over corrupter for kinetics, while sonic blast is probably better on defenders because of the larger resist debuffs. What are some notable cases where, assuming your goal is overall effectiveness, you might prefer one or the other archetype for a given power set or power set pairing?

I'm mostly interested in team content for this, but any insights including solo would be great.

Rain based powers generally work well on Corruptors due to Scourge. Defenders have larger buff/debuff scales.

There's a few oddities though, out there and you might have to pull data from COD. An example for instance: Defender's lightning storm does more base damage than the Corruptor's version. I think this is because Corruptor storm powers are copies of the Controller version.

That said I play a lot of Defenders and Corruptors and they generally work well enough either way. Now if you're min maxing, you'll want to look at the individual powers again, otherwise some designs are kinda common sense (example Empathy is going to do a better job on a Defender than a Corruptor).

• Thumbs Up 1