Question regarding rebuilding a base

Techwright

Ever since returning to CoH, I've run a barebones base.  It has every function I need, laid out in an efficient manner, but almost no style.  I'd like to change that.

I've a character or two in another solo-player base that has absolutely nothing in it.  I've almost never played these characters, so it never matter.  I'm wondering:  could I build exactly what I want with their base and then somehow transfer the finished product, by swapping file names, etc.  to become the base of my primary characters?  If so, how would that be accomplished?

EDIT: forgot to add that I'm thinking in these terms because I'd like to leave my efficient base in place to use until I'm satisfied with a more stylized base.  Assuming it is even possible.

Edited by Techwright

What I would suggest is make another alt and invite them to your original SG. Then after you're satisfied with your NEW base, you can leave the original SG with your main and invite them/promote them to the new SG so that they're the leader of the new base. PLEASE MAKE SURE to have an alt in your OG supergroup so that it doesn't disappear when you transfer your main. An SG goes poof when no one is in it and I'm sure you want to keep it around.

After all of that is done, you can put in a support ticket to rename the new SG if that's something that interests you. That part might take a little time though as it's not really an urgent request.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Vexxillion said:

What I would suggest is make another alt and invite them to your original SG. Then after you're satisfied with your NEW base, you can leave the original SG with your main and invite them/promote them to the new SG so that they're the leader of the new base. PLEASE MAKE SURE to have an alt in your OG supergroup so that it doesn't disappear when you transfer your main. An SG goes poof when no one is in it and I'm sure you want to keep it around.

After all of that is done, you can put in a support ticket to rename the new SG if that's something that interests you. That part might take a little time though as it's not really an urgent request.

Hope that helps!

I think it does help. Thanks.

I was unaware there was any option to rename an SG, even by support ticket.

15 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I think it does help. Thanks.

I was unaware there was any option to rename an SG, even by support ticket.

Oh for sure! Just know that the numbers part of your base passcode is not changeable via ticket, just the name of the SG itself.

Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later
  • Retired Community Rep

You can also move all the functions into a small area and build elsewhere until you are ready to move the items to their new home. Your base will function as always while you build.

-Dacy

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1