Pets, procs and recharge

Parabola

Most (all?) pet summon powers can be slotted with recharge but the pets attack powers are coded to ignore recharge to stop the AI derping out. So my question is does recharge slotted in a pet summon also get ignored by the pet powers when they check for proc chances?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Parabola said:

So my question is does recharge slotted in a pet summon also get ignored by the pet powers when they check for proc chances?

This is a great question! @StrikerFox may have logs saved to show whether there is an impact.

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Tested with Soldiers (No Medic). First run equipped with about +90% rech and two damage procs (Lady Grey and Shield Breaker). In 1m51s, 94 procs occured split between both soldiers. If you want to check the combat log, start timestamp of the first run is 2023-04-13 17:00:47 and end timestamp is 2023-04-13 17:02:38. Soldiers were slotted with Expedient acc/rech, acc/dam/rech, dam/end/rech and SCotMM rech/AoE aura.

Second run with 0 recharge and same two damage procs slotted. In 1m51s, 93 procs occured split between both Soldiers. Pretty consistent. Start timestamp of the second run is 2023-04-13 17:17:40 and end is 2023-04-13 17:19:31. Soldiers were slotted with Sovereign acc/dam, dam/end, acc/end and acc/dam/end. The second run went a lot longer but I just used a 1m51s sample since that's how long the first run went for.

It could be worth testing on a pet with a ST, 15s recharge power. Then only check that single power for proc damage. But I don't know which pet has a ST, 15s-20s recharge attack that can slot multiple procs.

chatlog 2023-04-13.txt

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

Tested with Soldiers (No Medic). First run equipped with about +90% rech and two damage procs (Lady Grey and Shield Breaker). In 1m51s, 94 procs occured split between both soldiers. If you want to check the combat log, start timestamp of the first run is 2023-04-13 17:00:47 and end timestamp is 2023-04-13 17:02:38. Soldiers were slotted with Expedient acc/rech, acc/dam/rech, dam/end/rech and SCotMM rech/AoE aura.

Second run with 0 recharge and same two damage procs slotted. In 1m51s, 93 procs occured split between both Soldiers. Pretty consistent. Start timestamp of the second run is 2023-04-13 17:17:40 and end is 2023-04-13 17:19:31. Soldiers were slotted with Sovereign acc/dam, dam/end, acc/end and acc/dam/end. The second run went a lot longer but I just used a 1m51s sample since that's how long the first run went for.

It could be worth testing on a pet with a ST, 15s recharge power. Then only check that single power for proc damage. But I don't know which pet has a ST, 15s-20s recharge attack that can slot multiple procs.

chatlog 2023-04-13.txt 340.71 kB · 1 download

Well that looks pretty conclusive to me, thanks so much. Good news for powers such as carrion creepers that love both recharge and procs.

• Thumbs Up 1