Regeneration

Hrothgan

Is anyone using Regen as their secondary power? I'm massively struggling with survivability  at the moment. I'm only Level 11, and only using Fast Healing and Reconstruction as that's the only things I have unlocked so far. Is it just a case of the powerset gets better as you unlock new powers? Is it a viable secondary powerset?

Is anyone using Regen as their secondary power? I'm massively struggling with survivability  at the moment. I'm only Level 11, and only using Fast Healing and Reconstruction as that's the only things I have unlocked so far. Is it just a case of the powerset gets better as you unlock new powers? Is it a viable secondary powerset?

It does get better later on, but it'd also be useful to know your primary. Regen shines better on a primary that has some level of mitigation (the +def from Parry/Divine avalanche for example, things like Dark and the -tohit, etc) to reduce the number of hits coming in to give your regen chance to work. Also, Dull Pain is your friend as it helps with Alphas.

As noted by Jack, you're probably better asking on the specific AT forum as it does vary depending on which one you use.

It does get better later on, but it'd also be useful to know your primary. Regen shines better on a primary that has some level of mitigation (the +def from Parry/Divine avalanche for example, things like Dark and the -tohit, etc) to reduce the number of hits coming in to give your regen chance to work. Also, Dull Pain is your friend as it helps with Alphas.

As noted by Jack, you're probably better asking on the specific AT forum as it does vary depending on which one you use.

Primary is Super Strength and I'm a Brute. I'll ask the AT forum - thanks for the advice!

Regen as it is currently is the worst survival powerset & it has a lot of click powers that cut into your DPS

/regen on a brute is basically for solo and small teams until you can IO it out. If you are to be the meat-shield on a decent sized team, hopefully you have the support to deal with alpha strike. A smoother leveling curve is /wp.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Problem with low level regeneration is that you face a low level enemy group which does copious amounts of -regen, that of Vahzilok. Regen isnt bad, its just interactive, when you get to later levels you can patch its perceived weaknesses with IO sets and powers.

I have a 50 SS/Regen Brute fully IOed.  Regen is currently bottom of the barrel for Brute secondaries, if not the worst.  Not that it's BAD per say but the typical Brute playstyle combined with almost no mitigation and the clicky nature of the set (which detracts from your time punching) means it's a rough ride. 

Fully IO'ed it can be fun but you really need to plan out your build- I wen't for a combo of boosting Regen/healing more and having decent S/L resists.  The one funny thing I can tell you is it is the ONLY Super Strength build where I took and fully slotted Hand Clap!  (slotted for stun, not KB- if you can slot a KB to KD proc)  I took that and Foot Stomp is your #1 form of mitigation.