Any plans to fix some of the bugs with the Cell Shader?

SmokinIndo

I know that the experimental graphics settings are NOT supported, which is a shame because I think the Cel Shader looks awesome. It hides the dated graphics of CoH and creates a nice contrast against the murkier colors of the older zones.

There's currently a bug, however, that's been present since the game's relaunch. With Cel Shader enabled, character thumbnails hide most of the details in the face. If I'm looking at a mission acceptance dialogue, the contact might be missing her hair. The same extends to player bios. If I want to read a character's description and powers, their portrait will be missing some details in the costume.

Any plans on fixing this? I'm not a developer so i don't know how hard it would be to change this. I know quite a few people who play with Cell Shader turned on.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later

I was going to make a post about this, but a search saw it reported already, however OP didn't provide any details, so here's a few examples of what characters look like under Cel Shading:

image.png.cb8f7be378c9eb4e13d65fb3fa009c48.png

As you can see, Maros appears to be headless.

image.png.cb3ba2cfc38a9189b4070a84dc72daf7.pngimage.png.c76f4c5b4a8b572bef7dc622fe7dccd3.png

image.png.94db4ca4cfae7a030df268cb612a08a5.pngimage.png.773cbb182f31620a59e76cee354e5f74.png

Is it possible to *not* apply the Cel Shader to the UI layer? I know when using Reshade for other programs, you have to have separate "Save UI" and "Restore UI" shaders at the top and bottom of your shader stack to prevent similar issues from happening in those games.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

Ive noticed that the thumbnail portraits seem to be made by loading the character model on the red or blue backround and then taking some sort of screenshot and cropping it.  This is more easily seen by looking at a characters costume slots when they have an aura and all the slots are still the same - the character is in a slightly different idle pose and the aura is further along in its animation for each costume.  Cel shading probably takes just a tiny bit longer to load and the server takes its 'screnshot' before all of the assets have rendered.  Is it fixable?  I dont know.  But if it were possible to add 1/30 of a second of time (2 frames at 60 fps) before the server grabbed its thumbnail,  the issue would likely be fixed and players wouldnt notice.  Now if that is something thats even adjustable or causes problems elsewhere in the game would be above my pay grade.